“Trainee – Landscape and Property Improvement Technician”
“Regular – Landscape and Property Improvement Technician”
The Landscape & Property Improvement Technician functions as professional service provider to home and property owners in the completion of their home and property maintenance and improvement needs and is responsible for following company service and safety procedures in the execution of property cleanup, fire-hardening landscape maintenance and construction, and related tasks as assigned.
The Landscape & Property Improvement Technician reports directly to the CEO and receives guidance and instruction from the Lead Landscape & Property Improvement Technician.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Clear brush and trim trees away from structure using tools as directed, including a chipper
2. Operate landscape equipment including tractors and excavators, etc.
3. Perform vegetation management and abatement using a string trimmer and other equipment
4. Perform gravel driveway maintenance
5. Perform property and household cleanups (i.e. remove heavy items from household for disposal)
6. Install outdoor fire safety water tanks and sprinkler systems
7. Drive personal and company vehicles to deliver materials and equipment or run errands, pickup and drop off dumpsters, etc.
8. Perform routine maintenance and safety checks on equipment
9. Comply with all training and regulatory requirements for commercial driver’s license
10. Performs other duties as assigned
11. training, completion of job site tasks, cleanup and secure equipment before transport, check in equipment at the end of the day, etc….
Essential Physical Functions:
The incumbent must be able to perform routine landscape cleanup and maintenance with or without direct supervision, frequent bending, lifting, twisting, are required, use of hand tools and power tools as directed. The incumbent must be able to work outdoors in all seasons as weather conditions allow safe work practices to be observed. The incumbent will occasionally stand, walk, reach, balance, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities require driving, as well as close reading. Lifting and carrying is occasionally up to 50 pounds. The incumbent is occasionally exposed to wet conditions, cleaning chemicals, fumes, gases, odors, and other fluids. Information regarding hazardous chemicals in the workplace is available.
Essential Mental Functions:
The incumbent will work in a busy landscape and property maintenance and improvement company with frequent interruptions and limited quiet time. Incumbent must sustain concentration, follow a set of procedures and organize own work. Some of the work requires precise detail and adherence to project deadlines. Communication with team members is essential.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Current, valid California driver’s license.
· Commercial driver’s license NOT required but desired.
· Minimum education High School diploma or equivalent.
· One year related work experience in landscape maintenance and construction or similar.
· Ability to follow directions.
· Demonstrated ability to be dependable, adhere to timelines, be punctual.
· Ability to provide good customer service to a wide variety of customers.
· Excellent ability to prioritize, organize and manage multiple assignments and responsibilities.
· A high degree of professionalism, confidence and flexibility that allows the incumbent to work collaboratively and effectively with clients and colleagues of diverse backgrounds.
· Honest and reliable with high level of personal and professional integrity and ethics.
"Weekend Landscape and Property Improvement Technician"
Ben operates a residential and commercial property maintenance and improvement business focused on helping people create and maintain fire-safe landscapes; maintaining and preparing properties for sale; and continuous landscape improvements.
Ideal candidates will have:
Minimum of one year experience in landscape construction and maintenance or closely related work experience.
Excellent driving record
Strong work ethic
Desired but not required:
Professional driving experience (commercial driver license preferred)
Previous wildland fire training and experience
Tree trimming and removal experience
Hours and pay depending on experience and availability:
Hours from 16 to 40 per week
Starting pay from $22-25/hour with minimum experience requirements
Apprentice level $18-20/hour (with less than 1-year experience)
Commercial driver license holders receive $2/hour supplement
Call, text, or email Ben if you are interested to learn more about the position and to setup a brief phone call:
Call or text: 530-428-5530