This position performs a variety of work in the monitoring of county, state and federal detainees and maintains the security and safety of inmates and staff.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will be able to work under stressful or dangerous conditions, often involving considerable personal risk or risk to others. In addition be able to react quickly and calmly in emergency situations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Performs booking procedures, including receiving, booking and assigning prisoners to cells; performing body searches; fingerprinting, and photographing prisoners, etc.
• Maintains custody of prisoners’ private property.
• Maintains the safe and orderly operation of the County jail facility; monitors security cameras and door warning lights; screens and monitors visitors. Inspects all of inmates’ incoming and outgoing mail and telegrams.
• Inspects facilities regularly.
• Monitors the condition and activities of prisoners.
• Prepares prisoners for court appearances; provides transportation as necessary.
• Administers First Aid in emergency situations.
• Performs general office work, including but not limited to entering computer data, copying and filing documents, etc.
• Prepares and submits required records and reports.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
ARE WE A MATCH?
• You are able learn the principles and practices of inmate classification.
• You know pertinent federal, state and county laws and regulations.
• You are able to accurately observe and recall incidents and situations encountered.
• You know principles and practices of record-keeping and reporting.
• You are able to deal courteously, yet firmly and effectively with the public in police situations.
No experience is required.
High school diploma or GED equivalent.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE:
Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid California driver’s license. Possession of, or ability to
obtain, a S.T.C. Correction Officer Core Course Certificate and Penal Code 832 Certificate.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION
To apply for this job opportunity, submit a completed County of Glenn employment application packet online
at calopps.org or to the Personnel Department: 525 W. Sycamore Street, Willows, CA 95988 by
5:00 P.M., Friday, September 24, 2021.The written test is scheduled for the week of October 4th, 2021.
Oral Board test will be scheduled once the written test is completed.
Application packets must include the following
• A Glenn County Employment Application • Résumé
• Transcripts and/or Certificates • Cover Letter
• GCPER 44/Conviction Form
How to Apply: For a full description and to apply visit: https://www.countyofglenn.net/dept/personnel/job-opportunitiesMinimum Education and Experience