Tehama County Department of Social Services
Corning and Red Bluff
Full-Time with Benefits
Salary: $19.39 – $23.60 Hourly
NATURE OF WORK:
The primary function of an Account Clerk III involves the preparation, review, auditing and processing of the more difficult financial and statistical reports, invoices and claims.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to effectively use tact, patience and courtesy in dealing with those contacted through the course of work; possess the ability to analyze situations involving rules and regulations while demonstrating good judgment in decision making; be proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Outlook, and have the ability to learn new systems; be able to locate, identify and correct inaccurate or incomplete data; work with other County agencies; prioritize, plan and organize one’s own wor
Under supervision, the Account Clerk III receives, audits and processes invoices for payment; prepares financial and statistical reports for public assistance programs; assists in processing employee timesheets and completion of agency payroll; responsible for money transactions such as issuing and receiving cash, checks and electronic benefit cards; posts expenditures and tabulate totals; balance and reconcile accounts.
Controversial Issues: As an Account Clerk III, you must be able to accept clients’ differences and interact with them in a non-judgmental manner.
Visit the Merit System Services (MSS) website, to view the full job description.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
In addition to the education and experience requirements specified in the Merit Systems/Cooperative Personnel Services classification specification, Tehama County requires:
- Equivalent to completion of the twelfth (12th) grade
LICENSE & SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires a valid California driver’s license.
- Requires a current, less than one (1) year old, valid typing certificate.
The department currently has one (1) vacancy.
In addition, Tehama County is establishing an eligibility list to fill future vacancies for an Account Clerk III, as well as, subsequent vacancies which occur during the life of the eligibility list.
For questions about this recruitment contact:
530-528-4060 | email@example.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/AMERICAN WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANT/VETERANS’ PREFERENCE POLICY/DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
This position offers the following benefits:
- Represented by the Joint Council bargaining unit.
- 96 hours of vacation per year, increasing upon continuous years of service.
- 96 hours of sick leave per year.
- 13 paid holidays plus one 8-hour personal holiday.
- CalPERS retirement plan, 7% employee contribution.
- The County pays approximately 80% of premium for medical, dental, and vision plan (including a $30,000 life insurance plan for employee). For the employee and entire family, the current employee’s share of the insurance plan is $188.95 a month.
- Annual salary step increase based upon satisfactory performance and completion of 2,080 hours (Steps A to E).
- Deferred compensation plan with the County matching the employee’s deposit, up to $60 per month.
- Supplemental insurance plans are available.
- Employee Assistance Program is provided to all employees at no cost by the County.
The ability to speak, read, and write Spanish in addition to English would be an asset in this position, but is not required. Applicants for English/Spanish bilingual designated positions must take and pass the Merit System Services bilingual proficiency examination prior to appointment.