SALARY AND BENEFITS
$17.60 – $21.13 per hour, plus benefits package
5:00 p.m., February 1, 2021
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Account Technician performs the sub-professional accounting work required in the maintenance fiscal and statistical records; prepare or assist in the preparation of financial statements, documents, analyses and reports,· maintain accounting records, reports and .rystems utilizing computer-based accounting systems. The major duties of the job include:
- Perform the maintenance of journals and subsidiary ledgers, general ledgers, accounts receivable, payable, and/or similar accounting
- Perform bookkeeping, finance, or record-keeping
- Prepare and maintain financial spreadsheets on a personal computer for ledgers, trusts and statistical records; prepare reports from spreadsheets summarizing information and financial
- Classify receipts and expenditures and record them to the appropriate accounts, funds, trusts, etc.; reconcile ledgers and
- Audit documents received from County departments; provide technical information and support to operating departments and outside agencies related to areas of assignment.
- Balance and post cash receipts, payments and registers; and balance various other statistical and financial transactions with source documents and
- Perform collections as may be required within the
- Compile statistical data and prepare reports or summaries for submission to other departments in the County or outside
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other County employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Performs related duties as assigned
Education: Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by college-level coursework in accounting or a related field.
Experience: Two years’ experience performing duties similar to a Senior Account Clerk with Lassen County.
License: Possession of, or ability to obtain a valid California driver’s license.
Application materials will be reviewed, and the best-qualified applicants will be invited to Susanville to participate in interviews.
HOW TO APPLY
An application may be obtained from the Personnel Office listed below or by v1s1tmg our website at www.co.lassen .ca.us. It is your responsibility to provide specific, accurate and complete information describing how you meet the minimum qualifications. Qualified applicants are invited to submit an official Lassen County application to:
Lassen County Personnel Department
221 South Roop Street Susanville, California 96130
(530) 251 -8320
Opened: January 20, 2021
Lassen County is an equal opportunity employer hiring employment eligible applicants.
Disabled applicants who require special testing arrangements should contact the Personnel Department prior to the filing deadline.
In accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act, applicants must provide acceptable proof of identity or authorization to work in the United States.
A thorough background investigation will be conducted post-conditional-offer of employment. The investigation may include reference checks, fingerprinting, credit check, driver history and inquiry to local, state and federal files to obtain criminal history information
All applicants who meet the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement through any subsequent phase of the selection process.
Selection processes may include but are not limited to, one or more of the following: application review, competitive screening, written examination, performance examination, and/or oral examination.
This bulletin is solely for the purpose of announcing a job opening. It does not constitute a contract, expressed or implied, and any provisions contained herein may be modified or revised without notice.