SALARY AND BENEFITS
I: $17.95 – $24.64 per hour, plus benefits
II: $19.66 – $25.94 per hour, plus benefits
Open until filled.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Account Technician I/II performs the sub-professional accounting work required in the maintenance of fiscal and statistical records; prepare or assist in the preparation of financial statements, documents, analyses and reports; maintain accounting records, reports and systems utilizing computer-based accounting systems.
The major duties of the job include:
• Perform the maintenance of journals and subsidiary ledgers, general ledgers, accounts receivable,
payable, and/or similar accounting records.
• Perform bookkeeping, finance, or record-keeping work.
• Prepare and maintain financial spreadsheets on a personal computer for ledgers, trusts and statistical
records; prepare reports from spreadsheets summarizing information and financial records.
• Classify receipts and expenditures and record them to the appropriate accounts, funds, trusts, etc.;
reconcile ledgers and accounts.
• Audit documents received from County departments; provide technical information and support to
operating departments and outside agencies related to areas of assignment.
• Balance and post cash receipts, payments and registers; and balance various other statistical and financial transactions with source documents and controls.
• Perform collections as may be required within the Department.
• Compile statistical data and prepare reports or summaries for submission to other departments in the
County or outside agencies.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other County employees and the
public using principles of good customer service.
• Performs related duties as assigned
Education: Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by college level coursework in accounting or a related field.
I: Two years’ experience performing duties similar to a Senior Account Clerk with Lassen
II: Two years’ experience equivalent to Account Technician I and recommendation of the
License: Possession of, or ability to obtain a valid California driver’s license.
Application materials will be reviewed, and the best-qualified applicants will be invited to Susanville to
participate in interviews.
HOW TO APPLY
An application may be obtained from the Personnel Office listed below or by visiting Lassen County Personnel at our website at http://lassencounty.org. It is your responsibility to provide specific, accurate and complete information describing how you meet the minimum qualifications. Qualified applicants are invited to submit an official Lassen County application to:
Lassen County Personnel Department (530) 251 -8320
221 South Roop Street
Susanville, California 96130
EOEMinimum Education and Experience