We are seeking a full-time Accountant I that will work from our Grass Valley headquarters. This position is responsible for general accounting duties, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and processing payroll.
- Maintains files and records.
- Reconciling bank statements and credit cards monthly.
- Receives and verifies expense reports; reconciles expense and other financial reports with account balances and other office records.
- Facilitates payment of vendors, which may include verification of federal ID numbers, reviewing purchase orders, entering invoices and resolving discrepancies.
- Monitor receivables aging and follow up to receive timely payments.
- Compiles financial reports on an as needed basis.
- Ensures outstanding obligations are credited upon payment, identifies discount opportunities, and issues stop-payment orders as needed.
- Records entry of, verifies documentation for, and distributes petty cash.
- Performs general clerical duties including but not limited to filing, photocopying, typing, and mailing.
- Assists with special accounting projects as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Enters, maintains, and/or processes information in the payroll system; information may include employee’s hourly rates, salaries, commissions, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding, address changes, and other information.
- Ensures proper processing of payroll deductions for taxes, benefits, and other deductions.
- Ensures proper processing of 1099 contractor payments.
- Reconciles payroll to the general ledger and monthly bank statements.
- Issues, or reissues, physical or replacement checks or direct deposits due to payroll errors or final discharge.
- Records and processes federal and state payroll tax deposits.
- Human Resource experience is highly desired.
- AA or a combination of education and experience may be considered.
- 2-3 years experience in a business office environment.
- Self-starter with the ability to identify issues and resolve problems.
- Outstanding organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, able to set priorities and deal effectively with shifting priorities.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and management.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is critical.
- Intermediate Google Workspace skills (Docs, Sheets, Gmail, Calendar).
- Experience with the following software programs not required, but highly preferred: Netsuite, & Isolved.
This is a full time, year round position. Benefits applicable for full-time employees. This position is Monday through Friday.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.00 – $28.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 2 years
Please send resumes to: email@example.comMinimum Education and Experience
About Peaceful Valley Garden Supply
Grow Organic for life!