The Accounting and General Services Specialist III position is in the Community Action Department. This position performs a variety of highly complex technical para-professional administrative duties including lead and/or supervisory duties in support of one or more of the following functional areas; facilities management, fiscal and accounting; department administrative or department projects, or programs, that require a thorough knowledge of the terminology, procedures, and practices for the assigned functional area; and performs related work as assigned. The Accounting and General Services Specialist III classification differs from the level II classification, which is the journey level in the series and does not provide supervision or handle highly complex administrative support duties. This position is full-time and is scheduled for forty (40) hours per week.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Maintains routine and highly complex administrative, accounting, personnel, payroll, and/or fiscal records.
• Maintains journals and general ledgers of financial transactions and prepares analytical reports on revenues and expenditures.
• Enters data into computer systems and maintains information systems database; processes transactions, assesses and validates data, compiles documentation, reconciles reports.
• Reviews, verifies, and processes documents related to department activities including budgets, contracts, grants, claims, legislation, purchasing, and other specialized documents based on area of assignment.
• Verifies and reconciles various information, reports, journals or related fiscal and statistical data.
• Prepares presentations, general and technical correspondence, develops forms, tracking systems, databases, and spreadsheets.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
Friday, June 2, 2023
Salary depends on experience and qualifications. Plus an excellent benefits package:
Two (2) years of full time experience performing the duties of a Account & General Services Specialist II in
the County of Glenn. OR Four (4) years of full-time experience performing advanced journey-level increasingly responsible clerical, secretarial, or administrative support work.
Equivalent of two years (60 semester or 90 quarter units) of coursework in business administration, public administration, personnel, statistics, economics, accounting, or a closely relate field from an accredited college or university. Substitution: Additional progressively responsible experience in any of the functional areas noted above may be substituted for the required education.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION
To apply for this job opportunity, submit a completed County of Glenn employment application packet online at calopps.org or to the Personnel Department: 525 W. Sycamore Street, Willows, CA 95988 by
5:00 P.M., Friday, June 2, 2023.
Application packets must include the following
• A Glenn County Employment Application • Résumé
• Transcripts and/or Certificates (If applicable)• Cover Letter
THE SELECTION PROCESS: Candidates must submit a completed job application, resume and cover letter. Application packets will be screened and candidates considered best qualified will move forward to a competitive examination process, which may include a written exam, practical skills exam, an oral interview, fingerprinting/background check or medical examination process if applicable. Eligible lists are used for Full-time (40 hrs./wk. with benefits), Part-Time (20-39 hrs./wk. with benefits), and Public Service employee (PSE) temporary (limited benefits).