Examples of Duties
- Gathers, posts, verifies, balances and adjusts accounts, including details on financial records
- Processes accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Prepares a variety of financial and statistical statements and reports requiring arithmetical calculations; may assist with budget
- Deposits warrants, checks and other monies received and posts and balances appropriate journals
- Reviews and processes vendor claims, including travel reimbursement, verifying, checking and correcting information received and insuring funds are available in appropriate budget category
- Batches claims for computer entry; inputs, verifies and processes data
- Maintains statistical and departmental files
- Operates typewriter, calculator, computer and related office equipment
- May print and issue daily warrants
- For full Job Description and how to apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mynevadacounty/classspecs/1069738?keywords=Accounting%20Technician&pagetype=classSpecifications
- Education and Experience RequiredLevel I:Equivalent to completion of twelfth grade and at least two years of clerical experience at a level comparable to the Office Assistant I with the County of Nevada.
Level II (in addition to the above): Two years of experience at a level equivalent to Nevada County’s classification of Accounting Assistant I.
- Wage range: $18.82 to $22.98