ACCOUNTING OFFICER (SPECIALIST)
JC – 199779 $4,496.00 – $5,798.00
(Due to urgent need, hires will be made on a flow basis beginning immediately.)
Do you want to help your fellow Californians and make a difference during this worldwide crisis? The Employment Development Department is seeking individuals to help with the influx of Unemployment Insurance claims that provide vital pay to Californians in need. A selected candidate will determine claimant eligibility for Unemployment Insurance benefits, conduct fact-finding interviews, respond to inquiries, and perform claim processing activities.
POSITIONS MAY BECOME PERMANENT.
Location of Positions
Currently, work will be conducted at EDD office located in Rancho Cordova.
Future work may be available at your home via telework where access to internet would be required.
You will find additional information about the job in the Duty Statement.
40 hour work week conducted between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m., 7 days a week. Schedules may be flexible. Overtime may be required.
- The position(s) require(s) completion of educational courses as specified in the Class Specification (link available in the Minimum Requirements section).
Background Investigation Requirement
The position(s) may require an applicant to pass a background investigation.
The investigation will consist of completion of a personal history statement and fingerprinting checks with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Department of Justice, and/or local law enforcement agencies.
During the background investigation, the Employment Development Department (EDD) may review information to verify your compliance with EDD benefit programs. EDD benefit programs include payments issued to individuals for Unemployment Insurance, Disability Insurance, and Paid Family Leave. Non-compliance represents overpayments that were issued by the EDD to individuals due to inaccurate and/or fraudulent information provided by the individual. Any failure to comply with EDD benefit programs may prevent you from being hired at the EDD.
Dates printed on Mobile Bar Codes, such as the Quick Response (QR) Codes available at the USPS, are not considered Postmark dates for the purpose of determining timely filing of an application.
Final Filing Date: Until Filled
Who May Apply
How To Apply
You may submit your application and any applicable or required documents to:
Address for Drop-Off Application Packages
You may drop off your application and any applicable or required documents at:
Required Application Package Documents
The following items are required to be submitted with your application. Applicants who do not submit the required items timely may not be considered for this job:
- Current version of the State Examination/Employment Application STD Form 678 (when not applying electronically), or the Electronic State Employment Application through your Applicant Account at www.CalCareers.ca.gov. All Experience and Education relating to the Minimum Qualifications listed on the Classification Specification should be included to demonstrate how you meet the Minimum Qualifications for the position.
- Degree and/or School Transcripts
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodations for the hiring interview process must request the necessary accommodations if scheduled for a hiring interview. The request should be made at the time of contact to schedule the interview. Questions regarding reasonable accommodations may be directed to the EEO contact listed on this job posting.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to provide courteous customer service over the telephone, via fax, email, and Internet based correspondence
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to frequent workload changes based on organizational priorities
- Proficient with computers as required to use EDD software and input data in an efficient and effective manner
The Hiring Unit Contact is available to answer questions regarding the position or application process.
|Hiring Unit Contacts:||Sheila Bradley||Sky Staten|
|Telephone #s:||(916) 464-0557||(916) 464-2283|
Please direct requests for Reasonable Accommodations to the interview scheduler at the time the interview is being scheduled. You may direct any additional questions regarding Reasonable Accommodations or Equal Employment Opportunity for this position(s) to the Department’s EEO Office.
Location of Positions
Currently, work will be conducted at our EDD office located in Rancho Cordova. Future work may be available at your home via telework where access to internet would be required.
Additional Application Instructions
It is strongly encouraged to apply through your CalCareer Account at www.calcareers.ca.gov.
Please only submit ONE application. Electronic applications submitted through your CalCareer Account are highly recommended and will be received/processed faster than other methods of filing.
If you are unable to apply electronically through your CalCareer account, please mail a completed and signed State Examination/Employment Application STD Form 678 and application package to the mailing address provided in the “Application Instructions’ section below and ensure the following:
- Clearly indicate the Job Code #, Position Number and the Classification Title of this position in the “Examination or Job Title(s) For Which You Are Applying” section located on Page 3 of your State Examination/Employment STD Form 678.
- Clearly indicate the basis of your eligibility (list, transfer, reinstatement, etc.) in the “Explanations” section located on Page 3 of your State Examination/Employment Application STD Form 678.
- Remove and do not submit the “Equal Employment Opportunity” questionnaire (Page 10) with your completed State Examination/Employment Application STD Form 678. This page is for examination use only.
- Do not include your full Social Security Number on your documents and/or do not provide any LEAP information.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.
It is an objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free work place. Any applicant for state employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing Civil Service, and the special trust placed in public servants.