Under the direction of the CFO, this individual performs various accounting duties. Responsible for coordinating the oversite of Finance department staff, performs fiscal and budget analysis, account reconciliations, and transaction/adjustment postings; assists in the development of financial statements, and reports various projects. Works with company departments to develop or improve communications for reporting of costing, cash flow and financial analysis of operating results. The Accounting Supervisor will perform audits of records and adherence to company policies and procedures and internal controls.
• Secures financial operations by monitoring and approving financial processing, reporting, and auditing.
• Supervises and supports the accounts payable and payroll functions.
• Supervises staff to assure that the department accomplishes accounting objectives by managing and mentoring employees.
• Meets accounting operational standards by contributing financial information to strategic plans and reviews, resolving problems, and identifying system improvements.
• Meets accounting financial standards by providing accounting department annual budget information, monitoring expenditures, identifying variances, and implementing corrective actions.
• Maintains cash flow by monitoring bank balances and cash requirements, and resource planning.
• Supports materials management function.
• Supports month-end accounting close, including bank account reconciliations, account analysis and reconciliation, and generation/posting of adjusting journal entries.
• Develops and maintains financial policies and procedures, and finance department internal controls.
• Approves cash disbursements by verifying check amounts against invoices, and authorizing checks and wire transfers.
• Approves ledger entries by auditing transactions.
• Renews business insurance by scheduling values, including personnel and real property, vehicles, computers, equipment, media, and accounts receivable.
• Supports annual audit by providing information and answers to auditors.
• Verifies employee benefit invoices by verifying coverage and costs.
• Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
• Maintains financial security by adhering to internal controls.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and participating in professional organizations.
• Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data and preparing reports.
• Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
• Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
• Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
• Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
• Prepares payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
• Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed action.
• Participates in the filing of quarterly and annual State and Federal (HCAI, CMS, IRS, etc.) reports.
• Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
• Assists CFO with other duties as assigned.
Work Hours & Benefits
Onsite, Monday-Friday, with the ability to flex if needed.
SHD offers a full benefits package which includes healthcare coverage, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, 403(b), and health savings accounts.
• Supervision and team leadership skills
• Proficiency with audits
• Managing processes
• Research skills
• Quality and project management
• Knowledge of corporate finance
• Budgeting skills
• Attention to detail
• General math skills
• Accounting skills
• Time management and ability to prioritize to meet multiple deadlines
• Knowledge of accounting and auditing standards
• Confidentiality and trustworthiness
• Data entry management
• Excellent communication skills
Education, Experience, & Licensing Requirements
• High school diploma with secondary education and/or degree in Accounting/Finance preferred
• 4-8 years of general accounting experience, with a minimum of 1-2 years in a supervisory role
• Multiview and/or ADP experience preferred
• Evident and/or Cerner experience preferred
• CPA a plus
• Healthcare experience a plus
- Ability to maintain bending, stooping, and kneeling as well as flexible arm movement associated with frequent filing duties.
- Ability to reach frequently above shoulder level.
- Good manual dexterity for continuous computer keyboard use.
- Must be able to lift 15-20 pounds to shoulder level.
- Ability to hold telephone receiver while writing with assistive device applied to receiver if necessary. Safety
Follows safe work practices, takes an active interest in preventing injury or illness and promoting a safe and healthful environment for self and others, and complies with Hospital and governmental safety regulations.
Promotes professional growth of self and co-workers by participating in on-the-job training, continuing education and assisting with training of new employees.
Assumes personal responsibility to comply with all Federal, State and local laws governing business conduct, conducts business in an ethical and trustworthy manner, and displays the qualities and characteristics of a professional at all times when dealing with patients, visitors, physicians, volunteers, and fellow employees. EOE