Job Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
Type of Job: Regular
Job Time Type: 30 hrs. per week
Job Description: Youth for Change is looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist. $18 per hour.
Under the guidance of the agency’s CFO, this part-time position functions as a member of the Finance department team and performs accounting and clerical duties related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare coding for all accounts payable invoices
- Maintain vendor accounts
- Perform data entry tasks to enter and verify payment information from which the checks will be prepared.
- Enter expenses and review for accuracy.
- Sort and distribute all documents as necessary, insure all requests have been authorized by the appropriate authorities and maintain an accurate file of the disbursements.
- Perform weekly check disbursement run for A/P and expense claims.
- Reconcile accounts payable activity between vendor statements and invoices.
- Answer vendor inquiries via written correspondence and phone conversations to resolve discrepancies.
- Monitor status of uncleared A/P checks. Monitor utilities for usage.
- Maintain agency cell phone program. Filing of A/P records.
- Prepare A/P 1099 information for annual reporting
- Manage the dental/orthodontic disbursements for the agency’s self-insured dental plan.
- Point of contact for internet accounts, utility accounts, and copiers.
- Must be reliable, extremely trustworthy and possess excellent organization skills
- Regular attendance
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma with one or two years of post-high school training in fundamental accounting principles.
- One plus year(s) experience of accounts payable processing and cash disbursement processing.
- Fundamental Accounting Principles: 2 years (Preferred)
- One-year or 15 credible college units and 9 in a related accounting field. Must have own transportation
- Typing – 45wpm (by touch)
- 10 Key – 160 kpm (by touch)
Hiring Requirements: Health Screening/TB Test, Background Checks, DMV Record Check
Education Level: 2 Years at College or a Technical or Vocational School
Requires a Driver’s License: Yes
Salary: 18.00 Hour
How to Apply: Email resume to email@example.com with the job title in subject line.
Job Application Methods Accepted: Via Email
YOUTH FOR CHANGEHealth Screening/TB TestMinimum Education and Experience