Modoc Medical Center is accepting applications for an Extra, non-benefit eligible Activities Aide. This position is located at the Warnerview Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF). The Activities Aide works in conjunction with the Activities Director and is responsible for providing activity programs to SNF residents to meet their psychosocial, emotional/physical needs and interests.
Job Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
1. Assures that the individual resident care plans are addressed in the facilitation of activity programs.
2. Relates to residents in an enthusiastic, creative manner to assure the maximal participation in each activity program.
3. Assists with the total care and well-being of facility pets.
4. Maintains documentation of resident activity program participation in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
5. Assists the Activity Director with the interpretation to residents, other staff members and the outside community, the purpose and achievements of the activity program.
6. Provides individual and group activities to residents under the direction of the Activity Director.
Minimum Qualifications (but not limited to):
1. Above-average mental ability, good physical/mental health and a courteous and kind disposition.
2. Adaptable to varied situations, is enthusiastic, creative, has a good sense of humor and is resourceful.
3. Able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
4. Able to walk, bend and lift with the dexterity to perform manual skills required of the job.
5. Is dependable, organized, reliable, has good attendance and can relate well with co-workers, volunteer staff and residents.
6. Able to work weekend, some holidays and evenings.
7. Able to supervise volunteers and take care of Activity supplies and resident pets.
8. High school diploma or equivalency exam.
9. Previous experience in adult recreation and/or in the care of geriatric residents preferred.
10. Able to type accurately with a basic understanding of word processing skills.
For an application apply on-line at: www.modocmedicalcenter.org
MMC is an EOE.Minimum Education and Experience