||California Park Rehabilitation Hospital is looking for a Part Time Activities Assistant
- 20-30 hours per week
JOB SUMMARY: Assists the Director of Activities in the implementation of an activities program, which has been designed to meet the residents’ social, physical, mental, sensory, spiritual and emotional needs and preferences.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to remain calm in a crisis situation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with other disciplines
- Sensitivity to aging process and the resident’s needs and abilities
- Skills and confidence in group leadership and one to one visits
- Positive attitude towards work and residents
A. Implements activities assigned by the Director:
- Leads therapeutic groups, including social, physical, mental and sensory activities for residents.
- Communicates recommendations/changes in the program to the Director based on resident participation and requests.
- Assist in the design of programs that encourage socialization, entertainment, relaxation and fulfillment, and improve daily living skills.
- Motivates and encourages the resident to participate in the activity program at their highest level of ability.
- Monitors and records frequency of resident attendance and level of participation in activities as it relates to the care plan.
B. Conducts one-on-one visits with residents per assignment:
- Visits residents who do not attend and participate in at least one group per week.
- Visits other residents as requested by the Director.
- Provides input as to the type of one-on-one visits may be beneficial for the resident including sensory, conversation, or check-in visit.
C. Assessment and reporting responsibilities:
- Assesses resident’s level of participation daily and reports changes to Director.
- Assists Director in conducing Daily Preference and Activity Preference interviews.
- Documents in the resident’s medical record as directed on resident changes and communicates changes to the charge nurse.
- Reports any resident changes of behavior to the Director.
D. Participates in the social dining:
- Assist in moving residents to their preferred table in dining room.
- Plays appropriate, resident requested, music during dining.
- Serves coffee and water to residents without swallowing deficits.
- Conducts stimulating conversation with residents, before meals are served.
E. Activity Boards:
1. Assists in maintaining current activity boards and calendars throughout facility.
F. Other duties as assigned.
- Physical and Sensory Requirements
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to read and write the English language in an understandable manner.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must possess sight/hearing senses or use of prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of the position can be fully met.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel and support agencies.
- Must be in good health and demonstrate emotional stability.
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and at times hostile people within the facility.
- May be required to lift, carry, push, pull and move office equipment, supplies, etc., in excess of twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents.
How to Apply: Send resumes to email@example.com
Minimum Education and Experience
Minimum Hourly Wage: $15.58
Accessible by Public Transportation: Yes