Modoc Medical Center is accepting applications for a full-time benefit-eligible Activity Director. Qualified individual must be licensed by the state of California as a certified Activity Director or has completed a training course approved by the state of California and is qualified to take the state certification exam or have at least 2 years’ experience in a social or recreational program within the last 5 years, 1 of which was full-time in a patient activities program in a health care setting and complete the state of California training course within 3 months of hire.
Salary: DOE (Dependent on Experience).
Job Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Uses sound principles of supervision and leadership to manage the Activity Department of the SNF service.
- Coordinates and/or delivers the ongoing individual and group activities as planned and documents same.
- Assures that daily records are maintained, indicating resident attendance and participation in activity programs.
- Develops a monthly calendar of activity programs which provide opportunities for residents with varying mental and physical capacities and which promotes sensory stimulus, group interaction and personal achievement.
- Abides by all facility safety and infection control practices.
- Maintains documentation of resident activity program participation in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Is responsible for directing the development, implementation, supervision and ongoing evaluation of the activities program.
Minimum Qualifications (but not limited to):
- Above-average mental ability, good physical/mental health and a courteous and kind disposition.
- Adaptable to varied situations, is enthusiastic, creative, has a good sense of humor and is resourceful.
- Able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to walk, bend and lift with the dexterity to perform manual skills required of the job.
- Is dependable, organized, reliable.
- Able to work weekend, some holidays and evenings.
For an application apply on-line at: www.modocmedicalcenter.org
MMC is an EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer).Minimum Education and Experience