Position: Activity Director
Wage/Benefits: $18.00 (DOE)
Work Schedule/Status: Full-Time: Monday-Friday (additional hours as needed)
Working Location: Weed, CA
Reports to: Administrator
- Must be qualified Recreation Therapist; Occupational Therapist; Occupational Therapy Assistant; Music Therapist; Art Therapist or Dance Therapist OR
- Two years experience in a social or recreational patient activity program in a healthcare setting (One year full-time) OR
- Have satisfactorily completed at least 36 hours of training in a Department of Public Health approved course, and received regular consultation and supervision from a licensed RT, OT, or COTA.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment fingerprint and background check, drug screen, and TB test.
Skills, Duties, and Preferences:
- Dependability; punctuality; creativity; enthusiasm; flexibility and patience
- Sensitivity to the needs, interest and abilities of Residents, and ability to build rapport with a range of personalities
- Must have compassion for the elderly and enjoy working with seniors
- Must be able to be on your feet for long periods of time
- Must have current computer skills using our EHR database & various websites
- Must be able to “think on your feet” and improvise
- Must be able to multi-task and have good time management skills
- The ideal candidate will have experience with dementia and familiarity with the aging process
Interested applicants should report directly to Shasta View Nursing Center, 445 Park Street, Weed, CA 96094, to complete an employer application. For more information please call Joe Mays at (530) 938-4429.
Closing Date: Open until filledMinimum Education and Experience