Tehama County Department of Education
Part-time: 30-60 minute lessons, 1-2 times per week while school’s in session
Under general supervision within the SERRF Expanded Learning program, this position provides lessons in designated focus area (examples: soccer, basketball, golf, disc golf, music, guitar, art, dance, drama, gardening, woodworking, etc.). Student groups will be according to like grades in K-8, 20-25 students per group (guitar is limited to 10 students). Partnering with a SERRF staff person, this position is responsible for planning and delivering lessons with sequential learning suitable for students within designated groups.
Assignments will depend upon the needs of each site, number of students, location, and schedules. Ideally, instructor will be available during the after school hours of 3:30-5:30, with earlier hours dependent upon minimum instructional days, special events and so on. Lessons can be scheduled for 30 or 60-minute duration, once to twice a week. Availability throughout school year, up to five days a week, with possibility of working during the Summer SERRF program with summer hours varying between 8:30-2:30.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & JOB DUTIES:
- Follow accepted principles, practices, rules and regulations in regard to supporting SERRF programs.
- Create dynamic lessons geared toward a deeper understanding of designated expertise.
- Demonstrate support for the students’ efforts as well as support of program goals and objectives.
- Reinforce instruction and efforts of all students.
- Must have own transportation.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and skill is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and skill would be:
- Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth (12th) grade supplemented by demonstrated experience in particular field of expertise (examples above).
- Three (3) years’ experience in designated focus area (examples above).
- One year paid or volunteer experience working with children of various age levels.
- Appropriate English usage, punctuation, spelling and grammar.
- Basic arithmetical concepts.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrate an understanding, patient and receptive attitude toward students of varied age groups.
- Appropriately identify student behavior and guide student toward acceptable social behaviors.
- Identify specific equipment/supplies needed to carry out instruction (sports equipment, art materials, guitars, etc.) and prepare area (classroom, field, playground, gym) for instruction. (SERRF will purchase equipment needed)
- Ability to present and adapt lesson components as needed.
- Organize, maintain, store and retrieve equipment/materials routinely.
- Communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with children and adults.
To Apply: Go to edjoin.org/tcdeMinimum Education and Experience