Acute LVN – Per Diem
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital district, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate a 9 bed acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24 hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, four primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Greenville, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton.
EPHC currently has a Per-Diem, non-benefited LVN position open. This position will direct patient care on the acute floor under the direction of a Registered Nurse and ER Physician/Hospitalist on staff. Current CA license, IV and BLS certifications are required. Day and night shifts with some weekends and holidays are possible.
Position responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assesses the patients on admission and reassesses as per unit protocol as well as when conditions change. Documents appropriately including EMR documentation and paper charting under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
- Assesses the patient’s condition and nursing needs, initiates care plans appropriately based on the assessment.
- Assess and reassess pain and pain management techniques utilized. Educates the resident and family regarding pain management.
- Documents changes in patient’s condition and nursing care on progress notes and care plan.
- Cares for patients in a manner that is conducive to their safety and comfort
- Meets current documentation standards and policies.
- Notifies physician of changes in patient’s condition and follows through until appropriate action is taken.
- Notes and carries out physician’s orders in a timely manner.
- Adheres to the instructions issued by the Acute and ER RNs
- Gives a thorough report to oncoming shift informing them of all changes in conditions and follow-up needed.
- Follows through as needed on information given by shift report, patient or family regarding resident concerns.
- Implements plan of care of the patient based on assessments and goals established by the interdisciplinary care team.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethic and religious/spiritual needs of residents and their families. Cares for patients in a manner conducive to their safety and comfort.
- Supervises CNAs as needed to accomplish the plan of care which has been developed.
- Demonstrates competence in technical and manual skills according to scope of practice for LVNs.
- Functions as a patient advocate by protecting the resident’s rights.
- Administers medications using the six “rights” and performs treatments safely.
- Records all vital signs, I&O and hourly rounding on EMR
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills in solving problems and looking at situations in new and innovative ways.
- Passes dietary trays, ensures correct diet orders being followed and feeds ill patients as needed.
- Assists in ER as needed, after paramedics have left, under the supervision and direction of the ER RN.
- Provides care of patients on isolation unit following all IC procedures.
- Interacts with patients, families, co-workers, managers and other departmental personnel in an empathetic, knowledgeable and friendly manner.
- Participates in orientation of new personnel and assists in performance evaluations when needed.
- Follows proper infection control procedures and supervises supportive staff in infection control procedures.
- Attends in-service training programs related to the job. Attends 100% of Licensed Staff Meetings.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Keeps in confidence any information learned concerning patients and hospital personnel.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean. Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated time. Wears identification while on duty.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EOEBLS & IV certification and license requiredMinimum Education and Experience
About Eastern Plumas Healthcare