Tehama County Department of Education
Salary: $260.80 – $463.75/day
Under general supervision, plan, develop, and implement an adapted physical education program for individualized educational programs for pupils.
Essential Functions and Job Duties:
Any one position may not include all of the listed duties, nor do all of the listed examples include all tasks that may be found in positions within this classification.
- Identify students in need of adapted physical education.
- Utilize appropriate assessment procedures to determine the individual needs of handicapped students.
- Establish, in cooperation with the IEP Planning Team, standards of expected progress for individual students in physical education and techniques for assessment of that progress and participates in the development of IEP’s.
- Implement and monitor relevant elements of the IEP agreed upon by the IEP Planning Team for each assigned pupil.
- Implement and coordinate activities needed to carry out the desired programs for students.
- Develop lesson plans and instructional activities and materials, and provide individualized and/or group instruction in order to meet student needs.
- Evaluate student growth, maintain appropriate records and prepares progress reports.
- Communicate results to the parents via parent conferences and periodically to the IEP Planning Team.
- Enlist the aid of other professional staff members in assessing and helping to solve specific student problems.
- Work with regular teaching staff to plan, implement, and facilitate the appropriate integration of individuals with exceptional needs into regular physical education situations.
- Work with parents and teachers of individuals with exceptional needs as well as other ancillary personnel.
- Utilize knowledge of community and governmental agencies.
- Attend department and building meetings as required.
- Establish and maintain good professional relationships with other staff members and community stakeholders.
- Travel to school where students are located.
- Drive frequently for department business.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Any combination of education, training, and experience to perform the duties and responsibilities as described, including experience working with groups of children.
- Valid California credential authorizing service as an Adapted Physical Education Specialist or ability to obtain one.
- Valid California driver’s license and evidence of insurance.
- Adapted physical education State guidelines, regulations, laws, policies and procedures related to assigned duties.
- Recent instructional trends related to adapted physical education.
- Basic instructional methods and techniques.
- Child guidance principles and practices related to children with special needs.
- Problems and concerns of student with special needs.
- Curriculum and lesson plan development to meet IEP or other educational goals.
- Specialized equipment operation related to adapted physical education.
- Record keeping techniques.
- Inventory methods and practices.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Operation of standard office equipment.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Provide adapted physical education services to special needs students.
- Prepare lesson plans and instruct students in individual and group activities.
- Screen and observe students during classroom activities.
- Monitor and evaluate student progress.
- Understand and relate to children with special needs.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationship with others.
- Maintain routine records.
- Read, interpret apply, and explain rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain current knowledge of program rules, regulations, requirements, and restrictions.
- Work independently with little children.
- Plan and organize work.
Go to edjon.org/tcde and apply to appropriate position.Minimum Education and Experience