The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Office Manager at the Trinity County Resource Conservation District (TCRCD) and the Conservation Planners at the Weaverville Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS). This is a full time position split 50/50 between the TCRCD and NRCS office. This position supports in planning, directing, managing and overseeing of daily operations of the District and NRCS offices. The Administrative Assistant position will provide internal and external customer service for both offices and support the general organization and coordination of the offices. This is a full time position with paid leave and medical benefits.
General knowledge of office systems. Any combination of education and experience that would provide the following:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to learn new contract management and conservation planning software.
- Knowledge and experience working in an office setting, performing word processing, filing, answering telephone calls and scheduling meetings.
- Possession of good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to type 40 WPM.
An undergraduate degree in Business Administration or related field is preferred.
Subject to the direction of the TCRCD Office Manager, the Conservation Technician IV has the responsibility to:
- Support day to day operation of the TCRCD and NRCS offices, including greeting the public and providing information, answering the telephones and scheduling appointments and meetings.
- Open mail, route messages and prepare correspondence.
- Maintain files and records according to established systems. Appropriately manage and store confidential information.
- Maintain office supplies and system of inventory records for equipment and photographs.
- Attend meetings and take notes, prepare agenda, minutes and reports.
- Assist TCRCD and NRCS staff implementing programs and services.
- Represent TCRCD or NRCS during public events.
- Perform related duties as required.
Approximately 95% office and 5% on-site event work. Depending on the season and project locations, this position requires flexibility and Saturday hours for events. Teleworking is eligible for driven individuals after the first six months on the job. The TCRCD is a family-friendly organization that recognizes the need for flexible scheduling.
Prior to hire, a federal background check, verification of valid California Driver’s License, verification of current auto insurance, and a copy of current driving record will be requested.
Benefits: The TCRCD offers paid medical, vision and dental insurance; 11 paid holidays per year, plus accrued personal time off; contribution to a retirement plan; and a progressive working environment that recognizes the importance of a work/life balance.
Starting Salary Range: Placement as a Administrative Assistant will be based on years of work experience and education level. Staring hourly wage is $24.00 per hour.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
To Apply: Mail resume and cover letter to Trinity County RCD, Attn: Office Manager, PO Box 1450, Weaverville, CA 96093; or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line; or drop off at our office: 30 Horseshoe Lane, Weaverville, CA.
For More Information: Call (530) 623-6004Ability to type 40 WPMMinimum Education and Experience
About Trinity County Resource Conservation District
Committed to sound management of Natural Resources on Public and Private lands.
To assist in protecting, managing, conserving, and restoring the natural resources of Trinity County through information, education, technical assistance, and project implementation programs.
Trinity County Resource Conservation District envisions a balance between utilization and conservation of our natural resources. Through economic diversity and ecosystem management, our communities will achieve and sustain a quality environment and healthy economy.