POSITION Administrative Assistant
REQ NUMBER ADM-22-00027
OPEN DATE 11/10/2022
The Administrative Assistant works as part of the clinic’s management team to assure organized and efficient operations. Activities include scheduling, monitoring supplies, reports and attention to the day-to-day activities, staffing and needs of the clinic. The Administrative Assistant also coordinates with clinical functions to make sure they are properly supported and providers and support staff have the materials needed to provide quality care. The Administrative Assistant requires a responsible, self-motivated individual who can set priorities, multi-task and work both independently and with the management team. Previous clerical, secretarial and/or administrative experience, with strong computer, writing, verbal and interpersonal skills required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Relieves management and senior-level staff of projects and duties as directed.
- Composes detailed reports, letters, memos, and other written communications to staff, outside agencies, and governmental organizations.
- Organizes and maintains department files, confidential files, and various reports.
- Receives calls and responds to inquiries.
- Conducts research as necessary to complete special projects.
- Gains and maintains a working knowledge of appropriate federal, state, local and clinic regulations as applicable to their department and supervisory staff.
- Assembles materials from files and records for use in preparing reports, answering correspondence and inquiries, and carrying out various office functions.
- Maintains excellent public relations with all clinic personnel, governmental agencies, and members of the community.
- Provides light clerical support, such as invoicing and correspondence, as needed.
- Adherence to ODCHC’s attendance policy.
- Other duties and responsibilities as designated by supervisor.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to establish constructive working relationships with all levels of employees in a staff of varied and diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to effectively present information to and respond to questions from ODCHC staff and patients, community contacts, and the general public.
- Ability to work as a member of a team in order to solicit input from other affected departments or individuals, communicate pertinent information to other team members, and support team decisions.
- Ability to work efficiently unsupervised.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple complex duties and projects neatly, accurately, and completely.
- Computer skills, including familiarity with designing and using databases and spreadsheets, word processing programs, and graphical and page layout software. Layout and graphic design skills.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, percentages.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two years college or two years equivalent administrative support experience.
- Experience with word processing, database, and spreadsheet software, including Office 2000. Familiarity with layout and graphic design software including Pagemaker and Claris Impact.
- Speaking and hearing sufficient to communicate effectively by phone or in person, at normal volumes.
- Vision adequate to read correspondence, computer screen, forms, etc.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use keyboard and view computer screen for extended periods of time.