Modoc Medical Center is hiring an Administrative Assistant to the Director of Nursing (DON). Responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to Director of Nursing (DON) at the Skilled Nursing Facility. Extensive use of Microsoft Office products. Must be able to accomplish tasks on time, within budget, and under stress. Provides interaction with the public and other departments in a professional manner.
Wage Rate: $20.50 – $31.01/hr
- Scheduling of nursing staff, certified nursing assistant (CNA) staff and social services staff on a monthly basis. Makes changes (time off, filling shifts with employees and registry staff, shift changes) as needed on a timely basis. Shift offers are also tracked with response for employee evaluations by DON.
- Payroll Duties: enters approved request-off time, enters corrections in ADP, copies exemption forms for accounting and then forward to DON for timecard approval.
- Coordinate all required and as needed meetings for the DON and nursing staff.
- Creates agendas and takes minutes for all required and as needed meetings for the DON and nursing staff.
- Keeps DON calendar current for appointments and meetings.
- Participates in the onboarding process of new hires by scheduling interviews, participating in the interview process and taking notes.
- Answers the phone in a professional manner, directs calls appropriately or takes messages, and returns calls promptly.
- Demonstrates the ability to work well with co-workers and to effectively direct volunteers.
- Supports all departments at Warnerview as needed.
- Maintains a high regard of confidentiality.
- High School diploma, Associates degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in office management.
- Public meeting experience preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in a hospital setting preferred.
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
- Strong presentation skills; detail oriented & a self starter
Application Process: Anyone interested in applying should apply on-line at www.modocmedicalcenter.org/application
Modoc Medical Center is an EOE.Minimum Education and Experience