Administrative Assistant/Project Coordinator
About the Modoc Fire Safe Council:
The Modoc Fire Safe Council (MFSC) is a voluntary organization formed to enhance the effectiveness of fire prevention and protection. The cooperative nature and educational and outreach efforts of this group are critical components for wildland pre-fire planning and mitigation.
The MISSION of the Modoc Fire Safe Council is to bring together the resources of private and public sector elements and organizations in the interests of wildfire prevention and loss mitigation.
The MFSC seeks a hard-working, detail oriented individual to work as our Administrative Assistant – Project/Education Coordinator. This person will split their time between office administration and project coordination.
Candidate Responsibilities & Duties:
Administrative Assistant Job Duties
- This candidate will work under direct supervision of the MFSC Executive Director.
- Assist MFSC Executive Director with day-to-day operations that include but is not limited to answering phones, emails and general correspondence, record-keeping (both digitally and on paper), preparing reports, filing, answering phones, returning calls, and greeting visitors.
- Grant writing and grant management to include progress tracking and financial reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
Project/Education Coordinator Job Duties
- The Candidate will be required to learn applicable State and Local laws regarding wildfire, defensible space, hazardous vegetation and related topics as well as best practices for emergency preparedness; regularly educating the public on those same topics.
- Take the lead on planning and coordinating MFSC community events.
- Must be willing and able to attend public education and outreach events occasionally throughout the year.
- Generate social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) to engage current users and promote wildfire preparedness and prevention messages.
- Maintain the MFSC website. Updates will include but are not limited to: posting agendas, recommending and making changes to improve user experience, creating content to post on the website.
- Participate with Modoc Fire Prevention and Education Committee monthly.
- Coordinate the MFSC’s core program, Defensible Space and Community Residential Chipping which includes site visits, site monitoring and contractor scheduling.
- Candidate must be organized, personable, detail-oriented and punctual.
- Working familiarity with the main social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter)
- Ability to prepare clear, concise, accurate, and well-written reports
- Desire to learn website editing.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, proficiency with standard documents and spreadsheet software.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Innovative thinker who goes above and beyond by investigating potential opportunities and brainstorm new ideas.
- Enthusiastic and positive team player with flexibility to re-prioritize, multi-task and deal with ambiguity.
- Working familiarity with QuickBooks.
- Experience with grant implementation and management.
- Some general understanding of wildfire prevention and/or disaster preparedness.
- Experience editing websites
- Fluent in Spanish and able to write and produce materials in English and Spanish (a plus but not required).
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 per hour depending on experience
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Modoc Fire Safe Council
P.O. Box 1448
Alturas, CA 96101
Or email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The MFSC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.Minimum Education and Experience