The Administrative Clerk is a full-time position which reports directly to the Executive Director. This position performs a wide variety of administrative tasks and assumes administrative responsibilities for the Area Agency on Aging (AAA).
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
▪ Performs as assistant to the Executive Director
▪ Assists the Executive Director with the AAA’s Annual Area Plan and Area Plan Update process.
▪ Processes contracts to completion with the California Department of Aging.
▪ Processes all service provider contracts to completion and maintains related files and documentation.
▪ Processes all vendor contracts for the AAA and its direct service programs.
▪ Assists with maintaining all Request for Proposal (RFP) application materials. Processes incoming RFP applications and arranges related legal announcements, public notices and applicant correspondence.
▪ Coordinates general mailings and distribution of all Advisory Council and Executive Board materials.
▪ Maintains member rosters, records, term expirations and vacancies for Executive Board and Advisory Council members.
▪ Transcribes Executive Board meeting minutes.
▪ Maintains tracking of service provider operational reports, menu submissions and related correspondence.
▪ Assists Executive Director with purchasing equipment and supplies for the agency and its direct service programs.
▪ Maintains office equipment including postage meter, copier, fax machine and printers.
▪ Assists Fiscal Manager with reconciliation of accounts payable invoices and related purchase orders.
▪ Assists Fiscal Manager with the release of accounts payable payments, processing deposits, distributing annual Senior Farmer’s Market Nutrition Program Coupons, and reconciling the agency’s inventory.
The Administrative Clerk shall possess an associate of arts degree or be a high school graduate (or GED equivalent) with a minimum of two years office administrative experience. The Administrative Clerk shall be proficient with the use of the English language (spelling, grammar, and punctuation) as well as have strong written & verbal communication skills. The Administrative Clerk shall be proficient with operating office equipment (copy machines, facsimiles, printers, calculators), and be computer literate with experience in working with the Microsoft Office Suite 365 software (Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, and Outlook). The Administrative Clerk shall be able and willing to follow policies and procedures as set forth by the AAA and the California Department of Aging. The Administrative Clerk shall be able to understand and carry out oral and written instruction as well as possess excellent follow-up and organizational skills. The Administrative Clerk shall be skilled in handling a diverse and ever-changing workload.
The Administrative Clerk shall possess a valid California Driver’s license and current automobile insurance, provide own reliable transportation, be willing to travel out of town on occasion, and be willing to attend some evening and/or weekend meetings, conferences, or events. This position is subject to a background check before hire and routine driver record checks. Knowledge of issues related to older and disabled adults is desirable.
40 hours per week
▪ 80 hours Vacation Leave (accrued upon hire and available 1 year from hire date)
▪ 96 Hours Sick Leave (accrued upon hire and available 90 days from hire date)
▪ Health Insurance Coverage through CA Public Employees Retirement Systems (CalPERS) – (Employee only – available the following month from hire date). An opportunity to purchase additional coverage for family members is available at the employee’s expense.
▪ Membership in CA Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS)
▪ 13 paid holidays per calendar year
Following a six (6) month probationary period, eligible employees shall receive the following additional benefits:
▪ $1,625.00 Annual Medical Wellness Benefit (prorated from hire date and based on FTE%)
$ 17.21 (Step 1) to $ 20.86 (Step 5)