County of Tehama
Full Time with Benefits
SALARY (A-E Steps)
Administrative Secretary I:
$18.94 – $23.02 Hourly / $1,515.40 – $1,841.97 Biweekly / $39,395.20 – $47,881.60 Annually
Administrative Secretary II:
$20.91 – $25.41 Hourly / $1,672.71 – $2,033.20 Biweekly / $43,492.80 – $52,852.80 Annually
The Tehama County Administrative Office is looking for an organized and focused Administrative Secretary. Under direction, this position performs varied office administrative functions including telephone and counter reception, facilities reservations, document and payroll preparation, work order processing, accounts payable, and other duties as required.
The ideal candidate will possess superior customer service skills, excellent research skills, and portray a positive attitude, as well as be approachable, friendly, and willing to learn. This individual is technically savvy with the ability to learn new software programs utilized by the County. Additionally, the ideal candidate would thrive working with a positive and collaborative team, while respecting the confidential nature of working in the County Administrative Office.
Examples of Duties
- Screens calls, visitors, and mail; responds to complaints and requests for information; assists in interpreting and applying regulations, policies, procedures, systems, rules, and precedents in response to inquiries and complaints from the public; enters/tracks public calls into appropriate computer databases; assists public at the front counter and directs public to appropriate locations/staff.
- Gathers, assembles, updates, and distributes a variety of County information, forms, records, and data as requested.
- Attends meetings to record and transcribe minutes Receives, codes, logs, schedules, and distributes service requests and work orders.
- Perform responsible administrative and secretarial support work with accuracy, speed, and minimal supervision.
- Provide varied, confidential and responsible secretarial, and office administrative work requiring the use of tact and discretion.
- Learn and understand the organization and operation of the County and of outside agencies as necessary to assume
Education, Experience & Licenses
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
- Administrative Secretary I and II: Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth (12th) grade supplemented by training in secretarial skills or relevant computer software applications programs.
- Administrative Secretary I: One (1) year of varied clerical support experience preferably involving some public contact. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Administrative Secretary II: In addition to the above, two (2) years of varied clerical support experience preferably involving some public contact. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
License and Special Requirements:
- Requires a valid California driver’s license.
The department is recruiting for one (1) anticipated vacancy.
In addition, Tehama County is establishing an eligibility list to fill future vacancies for an Administrative Secretary I/II Confidential, as well as subsequent vacancies, which occur during the life of the eligibility list.
Please submit ALL required documents when applying such as, copies of all required degrees and/or certifications as outlined in the job description. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you have questions about this recruitment, please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 530-527-4655
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of background, fingerprinting, drug test (including marijuana) and physical examination provided by the County.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANT / VETERANS’ PREFERENCE
POLICY / DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE