This position performs moderately difficult and complex administrative and analytical work that may involve and/or emphasize the functional areas of general and administrative support, fiscal, and contract management, program analysis and compliance, staff development and training; The incumbent will gather, tabulate, analyze, and chart data; interview and consult with departmental officials, employees, and others, to give and receive information; prepare reports and make recommendations on procedures, policies, and program/functional issues and alternative; prepare correspondence and perform other related duties as required in the Emergency Preparedness Program at the Glenn County Health and Human Services Agency. This position is scheduled for forty (40) hours per week.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is detail orientated, organized, and possesses strong interpersonal skills necessary to effectively work with other staff and outside agencies. The incumbent must work well independently and with others on complex projects.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Coordinates and oversees the administrative functions of the department; compiles materials; develops and prepares moderately complex reports, correspondence, manuals, publications, and other documents; obtains management review and approval as needed.
• Coordinates departmental activities with other departments, divisions, units, and outside agencies; represents the department in committee meetings; responds to complaints and requests for information.
• Plans, identifies, and analyzes program administration problems and develops solutions.
• Analyzes complex administrative systems and practices, develops and recommends modifications and enhancements; coordinates implementation of changes.
• Compiles and analyzes moderately complex data; makes comprehensive recommendations on the formulation of policy, procedures, staffing, and organizational changes.
ARE WE A MATCH?
• You are able to gather and analyze complex data.
• You have knowledge of advances principles and practices of public and business administration; governmental functions, and organization.
• You are able to read and understand laws and regulations.
• You have knowledge of laws, rules, and regulations governing assigned program areas.
• You are able to speak and write effectively.
Either one (1) year as an Administrative Services Analyst I in Glenn County; or three (3) years of professional
analytical journey level experience in any of the functional areas required by the position; general and administrative support, fiscal, and contract management, program analysis and compliance or staff development and
Possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, public
administration, accounting, finance, organizational development, social work, education, human resources or a
closely related field.
Substitution: Additional professional level experience in any of the functional areas noted above may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis up to a maximum of two years.
Possess and maintain a valid California driver’s license.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION
To apply for this job opportunity, submit a completed County of Glenn employment application packet online at calopps.org or to the Personnel Department: 525 W. Sycamore Street, Willows, CA 95988 by 5:00 P.M., Friday, October 1st, 2021.
This recruitment may be used to establish a list to fill future vacancies for the next six (6) months.
Application packets must include the following
• A Glenn County Employment Application • Résumé
• Transcripts and/or Certificates • Cover Letter