SENECA HEALTHCARE DISTRICT
JOB TITLE: ADMISSIONS/HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT (HIM) TECHNICIAN
Admissions Technician: This position conducts registration and obtains financial reimbursement for all patients accessing service at medical facilities. Reviews all account information to optimize collection efforts and system recording events to expedite reimbursement and compliance; resolves issues as they arise to promote point of service decisions. Explains and obtains signatures on legal forms and registration materials.
HIM Technician: This position assists in the maintenance and preservation of confidential health records in accordance with specified state agency requirements and is accountable for performing clerical and administrative functions to support the main HIM Department, the Clinic Chart Room, and billing services.
High school diploma or equivalent. One-year minimum of general clerical experience. Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy and physiology desirable but not required. Must possess the ability to communicate effectively both orally, and in writing, to include legible handwriting, correct grammar, and spelling. Must possess good working command of the English language. Must possess the ability to operate standard office equipment and be computer literate. Previous cash collections and financial institution experience desirable but not required.
Admissions Technician Specific Job Duties:
1. Obtain correct patient demographic and financial information in order to properly register the patient for services.
2. Ensures all signatures are captured on all required registration documents.
3. Answers and appropriately routes all incoming telephone calls.
4. Collects co-pays, deductibles, and payments per financial policy.
5. Maintain accurate records of cash, check, and credit card payments.
6. Check for redundant medical records numbers.
7. Maintain patient confidentiality and privacy at all times.
8. Perform all Admission related clerical functions, including assembling chart packets per type of service, monitoring standing orders, verifying insurance information, and other duties as
HIM Clerk Specific Job Duties:
1. Performs break-down, analysis, assembly, and scanning of medical records.
2. Assist physicians in record completion.
3. Accurately sort and route medical reports received from other facilities, as well as our own, to the appropriate physician or department.
4. Have an excellent understanding of medical record processes and maintains an accurate and efficient filing and EHR system.
5. Responds to inquiries from other hospital departments.
6. Release medical records per HIPAA directives.
7. Purge medical records per retention directives
8. Maintain the medical record storage area.
9. Follow up on any incomplete documentation issues.
10. Assist in the clinic chart room when called upon.
11. Is the key contact of the department.
12. Has excellent telephone and customer service attributes.
13. Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the rules of confidentiality, chart analysis,
terminal digit filing, scanning into the Electronic Health Record (EHR), and all policies and
procedures associated with the job duties in a Health Information Management Department.
Works in well-lighted ventilated areas.
Sitting, bending, standing, and lifting and pulling of charts throughout the work-day.
Follows safe work practices, takes an active interest in preventing injury or illness and promoting a safe and healthful environment for self and others, and complies with Hospital and governmental safety regulations.
Promotes professional growth of self and co-workers by participating in on the job training, continuing education and assisting with training of new employees.
Assumes personal responsibility to comply with all Federal, State and local laws governing business conduct, conducts business in an ethical and trustworthy manner, and displays the qualities and characteristics of a professional at all times when dealing with patients, visitors, physicians, volunteers, and fellow employees.
QUALITY OF WORK:
Assumes responsibility for professional customer service when working with the public, physicians, and other departments. Strives for excellence in following policies and procedures.
Utilizes positive communication skills when interacting with people who work for, are serviced by, or associated with the hospital, to ensure that persons receive the highest degree of attention and courtesy. Maintains confidentiality of information received in the department and throughout the hospital by complying with strict confidentiality regulations per HIPAA requirements.
SUPERVISED BY: Health Information Manager
ORGANIZATIONAL POSITION: Health Information Management (HIM) and Admissions
To apply electronically, please download the application and save it to your computer. Open the file and select “Fill & Sign” from the options on the right. Email your completed application to the email below for Human Resources.
You can also print and fill out the application. When finished fax or bring to the SHD Admin office: 199 Reynolds Road, Chester, CA 96020
Contact Human Resources