Admissions Specialist – RRTHC
Redding Rancheria is seeking an Admissions Specialist – RRTHC.
BASIC JOB PURPOSE/FUNCTION:
Update patient information (including Alternate Resource information). Assist patients in obtaining a State or Federal program for an Alternate Resource. Complete all forms through scheduled appointments and walk-ins. No supervisory responsibility.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Verify Alternate Resources/Eligibility.
- Assists patients in completing an Alternate Resource application.
- Gather information from the patient to complete Alternate Resource filing and/or registration.
- Update patient file with personal information or Alternate Resource information by appointment or walk-in.
- Check in all patients, update address, phone number, and alternate resource status, identifying eligibility status, and obtaining treatment authorization signature.
- Register patients by appointments or walk-ins.
- Scan and retrieve registration documents.
- Schedule appointments by telephone or in person, following established appointment time/diagnosis guidelines.
- Answer all telephone calls to the medical reception area promptly and courteously.
- Screen and route all calls to the appropriate departments, taking messages to ensure accuracy and provide documentation of content.
- Attend training as requested by supervisor.
- Ability to identify forms required for registration purposes
- Document, scan and maintain Medical Record information.
- Comply with HIPAA regulations.
NONESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Attend training as requested by supervisor.
2. Perform other related duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Medi-Cal, private insurance and other forms of billable insurance’s, knowledge of billing and office procedures and proficient typing and computer skills to complete tasks in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills and telephone etiquette.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Ability to interpret Redding Rancheria Tribal Health alternative insurance information in a clear, accurate and friendly manner to clinic patients.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work with or without close and direct supervision.
- Ability to work in a team environment with other front office, clinical staff, and medical providers.
- Knowledge of identifying tribal affiliations such as federally recognized, non-federally recognized , and out of state tribes as well as non-native patients
- Knowledge of certain outside agencies community resources etc.
- Ability to be flexible and be prepared for any and all changes
- Prior data entry experience strongly preferred.
- Prior work experience in a medical setting preferred.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Indian preference.
- Must be fingerprinted and pass background check.
Work is performed in a health center environment with limited mobility in department. Position requires the ability to bend, twist, and kneel as well as apply a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time and occasionally move about the facility. Requires repetitive hand movements associated with keyboarding.
* **This position is open until filled.***
A completed Redding Rancheria job application must be submitted in order to be considered for employment. You can fill out an application online at www.redding-rancheria.com, please fax (530-242-4563), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or bring in to Redding Rancheria at 2000 Redding Rancheria Road, Redding Ca 96001.
All certifications, credentials/ licenses, education verification /degrees and/or transcripts, and Indian verification are required to process your application.
Indian preference applies, but we welcome all applicants who wish to apply for this position. To receive Indian preference, certification of Native American heritage needs to be attached to the job application.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background screening clearance. All employees are required to submit to a Tuberculosis test (TB) test after they are hired in addition to being tested annually.
We offer a competitive salary as well as having a work schedule running Monday through Friday. In addition, Redding Rancheria offers an excellent benefit package containing Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short/Long Term disability, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave as well as a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
Redding Rancheria is a federally recognized Tribe with Pit River, Wintu and Yana people where pride in Tribal culture, history and identity is evident internally and in the larger community. Redding Rancheria is a leader in the constructive development of its people, the larger Indian community and the Redding region.
Redding Rancheria participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Visit the E-Verify URL below for more information.
For further information, please contact Human Resources Dept. at (530) 225-8979.Minimum Education and Experience