Modoc Medical Center has an opening for a full time benefited Admitting Clerk at our Rural Clinic. Reporting to the
Clinic Director, the Admitting Clerk is responsible for accurately registering patients, verifying insurance eligibility
collecting co-pays verifies patient demographic and updates the information in the computer.
Applicant must demonstrate competency in the following areas:
– Demonstrates professional behavior and a positive working relationship with clients, visitors and facility staff.
– Registers all patients and gives new patients medical forms to complete.
– Checks patients in and verifies patient demographics and insurance information, updates information in
computer programs and walks charts back to appropriate provider area.
– Answers phones in a professional and courteous manner; takes messages; directs calls to appropriate staff.
– Collects payments, writes receipts, writes payments in ledger, balances petty cash, and makes deposits.
– Explains billing policy’s, collects co-payments, refers patients without insurance to the financial counselor at
the business office.
– Communicates appropriately, respectfully, and clearly to doctors, managers, and co-workers.
– Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to do extra work as needed on an interim basis. May be cross-trained
for other positions and may be required to work in those positions as needed.
– Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Job Requirements (but not limited to):
– High school diploma
– 1-3 years experienced in a healthcare office preferred
– Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
– Ability to type 40 WPM
– Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language
– Ability to deal with people in a pleasant and courteous manner, even under stressful conditions
– Experienced with billing and insurance preferred
– Ability to work in a fast paced environment maintaining patient confidentiality and professionalism in a teamoriented environment
This position is initially being advertised in-house. Employees interested in applying should complete an Internal
Applicant form. For external applicants, apply on-line at www.modocmedicalcenter.org or visit the Modoc Medical
Center Human Resource Department. Modoc Medical Center is an EOE.