Tehama Learning Academy
Red Bluff, CA
Application Deadline: 7/11/22
Under supervision of the Superintendent or Designee, the TeLA Adult School Teacher is responsible for providing an educational atmosphere where students have the opportunity to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and psychological growth in an online environment. This person is responsible for organizing and implementing the instructional program so that students may achieve academic success in accordance with Tehama eLearning Academy and state policies and laws.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Plans, prepares, and implements instructional activities for both on-line lessons and on-site lessons and tutoring sessions that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
- Identifies, selects, and modifies instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
- Assists in assessing changing curricular needs and offers plans for improvement.
- Monitors daily student on-line attendance; completes written attendance reports. Maintains effective and efficient record keeping procedures for attendance, student progress, and grades.
- Provides one on one or small group instruction and tutoring to students as needed.
- Provides a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process, including monitoring student progress daily to ensure student’s activities online meet the daily attendance and academic work requirements. Ensures that student growth and achievement is continuous.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing with students, other professionals on a regular basis.
- Positively interacts with onsite students.
- Communicates regularly with students to encourage, support and monitor progress.
- Collaborates with peers to enhance the instructional environment. Models professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, peers and community.
- Participates in training and work related presentations addressing academic standards, student support structures and online teaching.
- Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as: meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and work related meetings.
- Reports to the Superintendent or Designee on a regular basis.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must hold a valid California teaching credential and be Highly Qualified. Three years teaching experience required with experience in alternative educational settings and technology based instruction preferred. Demonstrated proficiency in educational technology and MS Office and Google applications.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary based upon the TeLA Certificated Salary Schedule. Work schedule to be established by the Superintendent or Designee.
Requirements / Qualifications
-Completed EdJoin Online Application -Letter of Introduction (not to exceed (1) typewritten page stating your experience as it relates to this position and reason(s) for applying. A resume will not be considered a letter). -Resume -Three (3) current letters of reference (signed and dated within the last 12 months, any unsigned letters will be verified). -Copy of Transcript -Along with required documents, the applicant must be able to pass Department of Justice and FBI fingerprinting requirements. -TB clearance will also be required.