Andersen & Sons
Safety and Plant Policies & Regulations
• Understand and comply with Cal-Osha regulations and Company policies as they pertain to the safety of all employees.
• Read, understand, and acknowledge company policies as written in the Employee Handbook
• All employees are required to adhere to all Food Safety requirements and programs including but not limited to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Food Defense and Allergen Programs. Food safety training will be completed a minimum of once a year.
It is the operator’s primary responsibility to work as a team with the other members of their department to complete customer orders on time and according to customer expectations, as directed by their supervisor while maintaining employee and food safety
• It is the responsibility of the Forklift Operator to clock in at the time of shift.
• Forklift Operator to be certified in house, on a forklift and comply with all safety regulations. If working another department must clock in at the start of shift.
• Operator must be trained in lift safety and pedestrian safety. Using a forklift, must be willing to move, stack and maneuver bins weighing in excess of 2,000lbs in various conditions and locations throughout the facility
• They must be comfortable with a computer, scale, bar code scanner and ensure that bins are properly weighted /tagged and moved
• They are responsible for reporting anything out of compliance with regulation to their immediate supervisor.
• They are also responsible for their daily forklift checklist, and then communicating when lift must be serviced with supervisor.
• Day to day tasks will range from moving bins and then, scanning bin to new location, safely driving forklift and helping where needed.
• They are responsible for the day to day cleaning and sanitation of their lift.
• They are responsible for reporting any injuries or concerns that may take place while on shift.
• Operators will be responsible to use barcode scanner to accurately and correctly maintain inventory during production runs and report any issues to their supervisor for immediate reconciliation.
• Operators will be expected to understand the basics of the laser operations (set-up, basic function and adjustments, and how to shut it down). With the direction of their supervisor, obtain the ability to learn what bins need to be run and when to report issues.
• Operators will be responsible to understand the basics of operating the Almond sizer (turning on, basic adjustments including speed, vacuum table separation, etc) as well as when to report problems to their supervisor and/or maintenance.
• Operators will be important employees in identifying any food safety, poor product quality, bin location problems or human safety issues.
• Must have open availability and must be willing to work various shifts, seven days a week to reach their 40 hours or more during busy times to meet customers shipping deadlines.
• Responsible for the day to day cleaning and sanitation of their machines, as needed. Including but not limited to, blowing the machines down, sweeping up the floors, wiping the laser lenses, etc.
• Must understand how to troubleshoot the Printer and change out labels and ribbon.
• Other duties as assigned
To Apply: Go to www.andersenshelling.com/careers
Job Training Center is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. 7-1-1 CRS for TTY Users. 4.23.21 A proud partner of America’s Job Center of CaliforniaSM networkMinimum Education and Experience