Modoc Medical Center is accepting applications for a full time, benefit eligible C.N.A. in the acute hospital. Certified Nursing Assistant is responsible for performing patient care activities within his/her scope of practice for an assigned group of patients and/or residents on a daily basis and documents care given. CNA’s provide direct patient/residentcare to both acute and long-term care patients under the supervision of licensed nurses.
Duties include (but not limited to):
- Performs or assists with personal hygiene on patients following established procedures including: bed bath, tub, shower, sitz bath, oral care, back care, pericare, skin care, nail and foot care, and AM/HS care.
- Makes rounds on each patient, assesses all new patients.
- Notifies nurses of any changes in the patients conditions or current needs.
- Assists with direct patient care; assures that call lights are answered promptly.
- Assists patients with food and nutrition including: passes trays, provides set-up assistance, feeds patients, makes out menus, supplies nourishments, passes water, charts food percentages and intake/output accurately.
- Assists patients with activity and transfer including: position change, dangling, ambulation, ROM, use of walker, cane, crutches, prosthetic devices and gait belt use.
- Assists in meeting patients’/residents’ and their families’ emotional, psychological and teaching needs while in the hospital. Notifies the charge nurse when problems arise.
- Promotes good working relationships with other departments, co-workers, residents, families and physicians.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current California C.N.A. license
- Current CPR card
For an application, visit the Modoc Medical Center Human Resource Department or apply on-line at www.modocmedicalcenter.org This position is being advertised in-house as well as to the public.
Current California C.N.A. license Current CPR cardMinimum Education and Experience