Modoc Medical Center is accepting applications for an Ambulance Driver in the Ambulance Department. Under the supervision of the Ambulance Director, the Ambulance Driver is responsible for providing safe transportation by ambulance to and from the scene of a medical emergency.
Job Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Uses good judgment and defensive driving techniques to deliver the patient and crew to/from the scene of an emergency.
• Assists other members of the crew in patient care, as needed.
• Must take training and obtain EMT certification within one year of obtaining an Ambulance Driver’s License.
• Works as part of the hospital team.
• Current BLS level CPR certification.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Possession of valid California Ambulance Driver’s Certificate.
• Mental acuity and reasoning ability sufficient to perform job duties in a safe, efficient manner.
• Temperament able to deal effectively with stresses produced by EMS work situations.
• Capability to meet physical demands of job on an ongoing basis.
• Maintain a driving record acceptable to Modoc Medical Center’s insurance carriers.
• Fluent in both verbal and written English.
• Ability to use a typical desktop computer with basic applications.
• Tactile, auditory, olfactory, visual perceptions, gross motor and fine motor skills as required in the normal duties of EMS.
• Able to walk, stand and sit for extended periods of time.
• Able to perform tasks – bending, crawling, stooping, kneeling or working prone or supine as necessary for patient care.
• Able to grasp, carry and balance a gurney, patient and equipment weighing (combined) up to 250 pounds down 2 steps and for a 15 yard distance over uneven terrain with the assistance of a 2nd crew member.
• Able to pass the DMV Ambulance Driver’s physical.
For an application, apply on-line at www.modocmedicalcenter.org
EOE.Minimum Education and Experience