Southern Cascades Community Services District is accepting applications for a per diem Ambulance
Driver in the Ambulance Department. Under the supervision of the EMS Division Manager, the
Ambulance Driver is responsible for providing safe transportation by ambulance to and from the scene
of a medical emergency. The successful applicant will receive logistic and educational assistance with
obtaining their ambulance driver’s certificate.
Duties include (but not limited to):
• Uses good judgment and defensive driving techniques to deliver the patient and crew to/from the
scene of an emergency.
• Assists other members of the crew in patient care, as needed.
• Must take training and obtain EMT certification within one year of obtaining an Ambulance Driver’s
• Works as part of the district team.
• Current BLS level CPR certification
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Possession of valid California Ambulance Driver’s Certificate
• Mental acuity and reasoning ability sufficient to perform job duties in a safe, efficient manner
• Temperament able to deal effectively with stresses produced by EMS work situations
• Capability to meet physical demands of job on an ongoing basis
• Ability to safely drive for long distances
• Ability to safely drive in inclement weather
• Maintain an acceptable driving record
• Ability to use a typical desktop computer with basic applications
Application can be obtained at www.southerncascades.org or by visiting our district office.
Southern Cascades Community Service District
205 Ash Valley Rd. P.O. Box 239 – Adin, Ca 96006
Southern Cascades Community Service District is an equal opportunity employer.