EXAMPLES OF TYPICAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Receives stray, unwanted and other domestic and wild animals at the Town animal shelter from Animal Control Officers and the public.
- Monitors animals for signs of illness or injury and reports symptoms to appropriate staff.
- Places animals in appropriate shelter areas according to species and special requirements, such as court-ordered quarantine or isolation pending identification of diseases.
- Scrapes, washes, disinfects and dries kennel runs; cleans, changes and disinfects cage linings.
- Feeds and provides water for animals; bathes animals and performs related animal grooming and care.
- Provides effective customer service; explains shelter policies and procedures.
- Assists the public in claiming lost animals or selecting pets for adoption.
- Assists in maintaining records and completes forms regarding the location, care, feeding and disposition of shelter animals.
- Assists staff with medical exams, vaccinations, and euthanasia.
- Performs routine custodial and grounds maintenance work in the cleaning and maintenance of shelter buildings and grounds.
- Stocks animal food and shelter supplies.
- Assists in opening and closing shelter facilities at designated times of day.
- Performs general clerical work as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Hourly wage: $17.85
How To Apply: Please email your resume to: email@example.com, in the subject line please write, ” Animal Shelter Assistant”.
Please note: background check, drug testing and physical exam (lifting 50+ pounds) is required.Equivalent to graduation from the twelfth (12th) grade and six (6) months of experience working with animals in a humane care setting or other experience providing a basic understanding of animal care and handling. Graduation from a Veterinarian Technician program may be substituted for the required experience.Minimum Education and Experience
About Town of Paradise
Under direct supervision, cleans and maintains the Town’s animal shelter facility; feeds, monitors and handles domestic and wild animals held at the shelter; assists the public in locating and handling animals; assists Animal Control Officers in running the shelter, as necessary; performs general clerical functions; and performs related duties, as assigned.