Sierra Pacific Industries
We are looking for an experienced Application Developer to work with our team of IT Application Designers and Developers in Anderson, CA. Among other duties, the successful applicant will analyze user requirements then design, create and maintain applications using modern RPG IV and development tools on the IBM i (Power Systems) platform.
ABOUT THE POSITION
• Analyze business requirements and translate user needs into effective and efficient in-house applications
• Develop program logic for new RPG IV applications; analyze and modify “older” applications in support of continuing operations
• Analyze, define, and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environments
• Code, test, debug and document new or existing programs to optimize performance and reliability
• Work with user departments to resolve specific problems, often requiring changes in application design, individual programs, specific capabilities or application constraints
• Analyze and estimate feasibility, costs, time, and compatibility with other programs and systems
• Understand project goals and requirements, develop solutions, and drive project to completion
• Applicant must be diligent, resourceful, and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
• Applicant should be willing to train and directly support users and/or technical support staff
• Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Application Development or related Computer Science program
• 3 years’ experience with RPG IV / ILE RPG, C++ &/or VB/.Net in a business environment
• Independently motivated, detail oriented, and able to maintain focus on long term projects
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences of various levels within the Company
• Proven problem solving and time management skills
• Results oriented; demonstrated sense of urgency and commitment to achieve efficient and accurate results
• Candidates must commit to the highest levels of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
• Experience in the wood products industry or manufacturing is preferable
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM
Because this is more than an invitation, it’s a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049
Interested in SPI, but not this job? Look for future openings at: www.spi-ind.com/careers
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans. We are a
drug and tobacco free workplace.