We are seeking a highly experienced Applications Development Manager, capable of understanding and adapting complex business processes while supervising a small to medium size team of Application Consultants and Developers. This position is based out of the Anderson, CA office.
ABOUT THE POSITION
• Understanding the highest level of application design and coding over multiple development environments
• Utilize business experience with knowledge, creativity and originality in providing solutions for difficult and complex business problems
• Responsible for User interactions, process analysis, system design, and application development for major projects
• Manager, trainer, and project leader providing daily oversight and direction for one or more teams of developers
• Project leader for application development involving all web design, in-house Windows Server applications
• Coordinate, monitor, and plan with Network Administrators and Engineers to apply upgrades, test data for application backups, and business recovery systems
• Support all security, compliance and cyber response requirements associated with cyber threats or other cyber incidents
• Direct supervisory responsibility for all Application Developers, System Analysts, Programmers and Interns assigned to the team
• Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Application Development or related Computer Science program with 2 years of project lead or management responsibility
• 10 years’ experience with development environments including C++, VB/.Net, Java Script, Python, HTML, and/or other related languages
• Familiarity with IBM i (formerly AS/400 or iSeries) strongly preferred
• Independently motivated, detail oriented, and able to maintain focus on long term projects
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences of various levels
• Proven problem solving and time management skills
• Results oriented; demonstrated sense of urgency and commitment to achieve efficient and accurate results
• Candidates must commit to the highest levels of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
• Experience in the wood products industry or manufacturing is preferred
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM
Because this is more than an invitation, it’s a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please visit https://spi-ind.com/Careers/Details/34041
For any questions about the position, please call (530) 378-8001.
Interested in SPI, but not this job? Look for future openings at: www.spi-ind.com/careers
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans. We are a drug and
tobacco free workplace.