Ted Pella, Inc. is seeking an experienced Applications/SQL Developer or Senior Applications/SQL Developer for the development and support of client-facing products as well as internal-use applications primarily using the Microsoft ASP.NET platform. This position reports to the IT Manager.
- Designs, develops, codes, tests, and debugs new software products.
- Supports and makes enhancements to existing software.
- Designs, develops, tests, and delivers custom application integrations for internal and external use. Ensure design and development include all aspects of requirements including data quality, customer experience, architecture, security, and operations so that the application is fit for purpose.
- Resolves highly complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
- Conducts investigations and tests of moderate complexity.
- Factors emerging technologies and product supportability into design and implementation.
- Manages the MS SQL Server database environments in use data migration and backups and recoveries in test environments.
- Demonstrate a logical and structured approach to time management and task prioritization. Work within project timelines and budgets.
- Learn business processes and procedures to design, troubleshoot, and enhance applications and databases.
- Produce high quality documentation. Share and document system and domain knowledge to eliminate single points of failure.
- Work independently or in conjunction with other developers as the work requires. Participate fully in team planning and work with colleagues to continuously improve the team’s performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 4 years of experience developing and designing custom applications using the Microsoft ASP.NET stack. 8 years of experience is required for the Senior Applications/SQL Developer level.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field is desirable.
- Experience with developing in C# is required. Experience with other .NET languages, security, or encryption is desirable.
- Experience with SQL queries and databases, and managing Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with version control and source code repositories.
- Ability to learn business processes and procedures for application development and database management.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective working relationships.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities with a keen attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and have the ability to work independently and work well on a team.
- Exceptional organizational skills, ability to handle multiple tasks, ability to prioritize, and execute tasks under pressure.
- Maintain a positive attitude at all times.
- A strong attendance record and work ethic.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. Work visa sponsorship is not available.
Regular hours are Monday through Friday: 7:30 am-4:00 pm. Overtime, evening, and weekend work may be needed on occasion for special projects.
The salary range is $67,600 – $114,053 per year plus an excellent benefit package. Title and pay rate will be commensurate with experience. This position includes generous medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans, a 401(k) plan with Company match, paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
About Ted Pella, Inc.:
Ted Pella, Inc. has been serving the global microscopy community with instrumentation and supplies for over 56 years. We have been in Redding, CA for over 37 years. We sell to the entire USA and all around the world both directly and through a large distributor network. We are a healthy company, growing even throughout uncertain economic times. Visit our website at https://www.tedpella.com. We are a family-owned and operated Company, with a professional and friendly atmosphere.
About the Location:
We are situated in beautiful Redding, CA, an area well-known for outdoor recreation, including hiking, biking, boating, fishing, hunting and snow sports. We are surrounded by National Parks, the second-largest reservoir in CA, and plenty of mountains, lakes and streams. Our area offers a nice balance of small city life nestled in a rural recreational setting. http://www.visitredding.com
To apply please send cover letter, resume with complete work history, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Ted Pella Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer.Minimum Education and Experience
About Ted Pella, Inc.
Ted Pella, Inc. has been serving the global microscopy community with instrumentation and supplies for over 53 years. We sell to the entire USA and all around the world both directly and through a large distributor network. We are a healthy company, growing even throughout uncertain economic times. Visit our web site to learn more about the company and the products we sell at http://www.tedpella.com. We are a family-owned and operated company, with a professional and friendly atmosphere.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. Final candidates must successfully pass a post-offer pre-employment drug screen.