Security Officer Job Responsibilities:
Security Officers are responsible for the protection of life and property, detection and prevention of crime, apprehension of criminals, and enforcement of laws and ordinances. Additionally, good documentation skills are required for this position as it is important to document activities and incidents which are witnessed, or the Security Officer is involved in.
This is an ideal position for anyone who wishes to “Jump start your law enforcement career” as Armed Guard Private Security is historically known throughout the area to provide a steppingstone to those seeking employment in law enforcement.
Security Officer Job Duties:
- Follows site specific post orders based on scheduled site.
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
- Obtains help by sounding alarms.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures.
- Controls traffic by directing drivers.
- Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
- Maintains environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls.
- Maintains organization’s stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Must be able to sit, stand, and/or walk for majority of assigned shifts.
- Must be able to physically control hostile subjects, including restraining in handcuffs, if/when required.
- Must be able to lift objects up to 25 lbs. in a safe manner on occasion.
- Must be able to safely retain any weapons on person against potential assailants who may try to take them from the guard.
Entry Level Academy Sponsorship Program:
Armed Guard Private Security, Inc is actively seeking to sponsor candidates who are interested in becoming entry-level Security Guards. Prior to being hired, every candidate must attend and successfully pass a 40-hour outsourced BSIS certified training which includes completing an electronic fingerprint background check and the submission of an electronic California Guard Card application to the Bureau of Security Investigative Service.
All selected candidates may choose the sponsorship package, which best suits their needs:
The Initial Guard Card Package will include the candidate’s 40-hour guard card academy fee, live scan, and state registration will be paid in full by Armed Guard Private Security, Inc. and each candidate will be assisted with every step throughout the entire process. The process usually takes a little more than a week to complete.
The Weapons Training Package will include the candidate’s 40-hour guard card training, Initial Baton Course, Initial Firearms Course, Initial Chemical Agents/OC (Pepper spray) Course, and Initial Taser/Electronic Control Device Course will be paid in full by Armed Guard Private Security, Inc. The candidate would be responsible for all state licensing, permit, and live scan fees.
Upon successful completion of the academy and becoming state licensed, the recruit will be considered an entry-level Security Officer.Minimum Education and Experience
About Armed Guard Private Security, Inc.
Armed Guard Private Security Inc. is one of the area’s fastest growing and leading security providers in northern California, with opportunities for internal growth and advancement as well additional training (career development available).
Looking to start a career in Law Enforcement? Start here and gain relevant experience while attending school or otherwise preparing for your career.