Job Title: Assistant Controller
Job Time Type: Full Time (30 Hours or More)
Job Description: DigitalPath, Inc. is a fast-paced Chico-based internet Company that is looking for an experienced Assistant Controller to join our Chico team. If you have the skills below our HR team wants to hear from you! The Assistant Controller is a full-time position that reports to the Controller. They are responsible for accurate reporting of financial information to the Controller.
The Assistant Controller helps to maintain the integrity of the financials, the accounting software, and all accounting policies as well as helps to ensure all financials follow GAAP guidance. The Assistant Controller helps to maintain security of The Company assets. This position reports to the Controller.
- Responsible for accurate financial reporting.
- Verify revenue and enter into the accounting software.
- Contributes to month end procedures required to close the month in the accounting software, Sage.
- Ensure monthly expenses are in line with past months, reconciling all General Ledgers for month Help in maintaining the accounting records
- Assist in producing financial reports in the form of a Profit and Loss Statement, Cash Flow Statement and Balance
- Statement on a monthly basis to the Controller.
- Follow GAAP accounting procedures and ensure GAAP is followed on all financial entries.
- Assist with the monthly budget process.
- Analyze accounts as requested.
- Ensure information passed on to the Executive team is accurate, including information such as cash balances, revenue, bank reconciliations, expenses, etc.
Responsible for updating the monthly budget.
- Update and ensure accurate reporting in the budget on a monthly basis.
- Verify accuracy in the budget.
- Other budget duties as requested.
Producing, overseeing and maintaining an accounting document system.
- Engage department personnel to document all processes and policies for the accounting functions.
- Maintain and enforce the document system.
- Ensure the document system is regularly updated as policies are added or changed.
Assist with Tax compliance and filing to all agencies.
- Monitor and report all industry specific reporting.
- Initiate all industry specific taxes, ensuring all are filed and paid. These include, but are not limited to, CPUC, FCC, Payroll, Unsecured and Secured Property Taxes, etc.
- Ensure reporting and obligations are completed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Oversee file reporting as necessary.
Offer input on system of internal controls to safeguard Company assets.
- Help to create, implement and/or maintain internal controls to ensure assets are properly reported and that systems protect the Company assets.
- Report any areas of concern within the current policies and help to create new policies to tighten up any areas of concern.
Year End review of financial statements.
- Review and analyze any discrepancies or variances and propose Journal Entries for corrections to the Adjust according to Company policy and procedure to ensure the financial statements and reporting reflect true information and remain GAAP compliant for the year.
- Work with other departments to ensure accurate information has been reported and remains accurate at year end. This includes inventory, accrual accounts, depreciation, amortization, revenue, capitalization of labor, etc.
- Make adjusting entries for audit purposes including but not limited to Payroll accruals, tax accruals, Accounts receivable, etc.
Assist with audits as requested.
- Audit BillMax billing software on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis for accuracy.
- Audit other financial accounts as necessary and requested.
- Assist with department audits and ensure they are accurate. Report findings to the Controller.
- Keep current on Generally Accepted Accounting Policies as they change and are updated for industry specific items. Stay apprised of all local, State and Federal tax laws and business regulations that may affect The Company.
- Ensure The Company is operating for reporting purposes and all accounting functions within the proper parameters by staying up to date on changes that are industry specific and may affect Company reporting and operations.
Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Requirements:
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- A minimum of 2-3 years as a CPA or CMA, or working as an Assistant Controller, or a Masters Degree in Finance or Accounting with 5-8 years of related experience.
- Strong Excel experience and experience working in Sage 50.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Working knowledge of short- and long-term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product- line profitability analysis.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and
- Sit and twist (neck or waist) for extended periods of time 8 or more hours per day.
- Frequently walk/stand/bend/squat (3-6 hours per day).
- Occasionally climb/kneel/crawl (up to 3 hours per day).
- Must be able to occasionally lift and carry up to 55 lbs.
- Able to traverse all locations within the workplace.
- Constant use of hands 8 hours per day including repetitive use, simple grasping, fine manipulation, and keyboarding.
- Frequent use of hands (up to 6 hours per day) including power grasping, pushing, pulling, and reaching (both above and below the head).
Minimum Age: 18
Education Level: Master’s Degree
Requires a Driver’s License: Yes
Minimum Salary: 28.00 Hour Maximum Salary: 34.00 Hour
Pay Comments: DOE (Depends on Experience)
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Vacation, Holidays, 401K
Job Application Methods Accepted: Via Email
How to Apply: Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Assistant Controller in the subject line.
1065 Marauder Street
Chico, CA 95973