Modoc Medical Center is accepting applications for a full-time Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) at its Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF). The primary job function will be to collaborate with the Director of Nursing in leading innovation and ensuring the highest standards throughout the department. The ADON will also provide project management oversight for the nursing manager. This position is eligible for benefits.
- Act as a liaison between the DON and SNF nursing personnel.
- Is responsible for assisting the supervision of nursing activities of residents. Assures the maintenance of quality of patient care, including compliance with physician’s orders and hospital practices.
- Is responsible for the staffing schedules, payroll, and overtime authorization, may hire, fire, or take disciplinary action in conjunction with the DNO/CNO. Assist with completing evaluations on all SNF nursing staff according to facility policy. Assists with recruitment activities as needed.
- Assists in developing policies and procedures. Is knowledgeable regarding documents necessary for accreditation and licensing and is cognizant of revisions and changes in policy and procedure mandated by any licensing agency.
- Assists with the development and management of the SNF nursing budget.
- Promotes and maintains effective working relationships with the Medical Staff, Administration, other departments of the hospital and volunteer groups.
- Assists in the orientation of new nursing personnel and in staff education as needed.
Qualifications & Job Requirements (but not limited to):
- CA licensed RN and active CPR certification. Above average mental ability, good physical and mental health with previous experience in a long-term care facility.
- Can communicate in English, both verbally and in writing. Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Dependable, organized, reliable, has good attendance. Relates well with co-workers, staff and residents.
- Three to five years progressive nursing leadership experience; direct personnel management experience highly preferred.
To Apply: For an application, apply on-line at www.modocmedicalcenter.org/application EOECA licensed RN and active CPR certificationMinimum Education and Experience