Maintain sawmill and planing mill saws/knives and related equipment, assist in changing of saws/knives and provide help with trouble shooting during production shifts. This is an hourly, non-exempt position reporting to the Sawmill Supervisor. Eligible candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment criminal history check and pre-employment drug screening.
- Maintain, sharpen and repair various round/band saws and knife cutting tools, utilizing saw handling equipment.
- Strive for continuous quality and production improvement on all cutting devices with a positive attitude and innovative thinking.
- Aide in machine alignments.
- Stay up on new technology and make recommendations as needed.
- One (1) to five (5) years’ of experience.
- Sharpening Band/Round Saws and Knife cutting tools.
- Saw leveling/tensioning – Manual and machine.
- Experience with Stellite and Carbide tooth technology.
- Use and/or maintain:
- Saw/knife grinding, leveling and tensioning equipment.
- Band/Round saw guide.
- Alignment of sawing/chipping equipment running surfaces.
- Saw/Knife cutting tolerances
- Change saws/knives per schedule or as needed
- Follow all company, state and federal safety rules when performing required job duties
- Read and understand service and technical manuals
- Lubrication and bearing maintenance
- Clean and maintain work area
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Additional duties as required by Supervisor
- Must be able to work as a team player
- Ability to understand and operate
- Hand and power tools.
- Measuring instruments
- Assemble and set-up machine.
- Operate forklift and other mobile equipment as applicable
- Must have good eye/hand coordination.
- Hearing Sensitivity-Possess the ability to detect or tell the difference between sounds that vary in pitch and loudness.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, twist, stand, walk, climb, kneel, carry heavy items; pushing and pulling of weights of up to 50 pounds
DOE with full benefits
Job Closing Date
Open until filled
Apply online or at 1600 Missouri Ave, Lakeview, OR 97630
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)