New Red Bluff Store
Full time / Wage is Dependent on Experience
ACE Hardware is coming to Red Bluff by April and they are seeking an
Assistant Store Manager who will be responsible for the complete day‐to‐day operation of the store in the absence of the Store Manager. Assistant Store Managers are responsible for maximizing store sales and profitability, along with minimizing expenses while ensuring that the store is optimally stocked and merchandised, and to Amaze Every Customer Every Time. An
Assistant Store Manager contributes to the growth and development of the management team and store associates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following areas:
Sales & Operations:
● Hire, train and develop store staff
● Review all store evaluations with store management team and staff
● Coordinate the overall supervision and delegate workload
● Participate in associate evaluations
● Complete merchandising updates and work with vendors to develop merchandising strategies
● Forecast scheduling needs
● Monitor payroll
● Review staffing needs, strengths and opportunities
● Develop and implement an in store marketing strategy
● Promote Customer Service as The #1 Priority.
● Regularly promote, monitor and teach “Amaze Every Customer Every Time” while leading by example and coaching.
● Maintain accurate inventory at all stages through on‐hand integrity, daily receiving and transfers, store communication, product mix and flow, and adhering to best practices, metrics and deadlines
● Utilize available inventory reports to reduce shrinkage, maintain appropriate stock levels and maximize inventory accuracy.
Coaching and Training
● Work on your professional development through leadership training opportunities
● Identify appropriate training for store associates and oversee all training requirements for all associates
Safety, Compliance and Store Environment
● Enforce safety policies and procedures, and serves as role model for safety.
● Enforce store environment procedures
● Conduct preventative safety and fire inspections, and take appropriate actions to correct all issues.
● High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or, an equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor degree preferred.
● Minimum of 1 year of leadership experience in a retail or customer service setting.
● Ability to move and handle merchandise up to 40 pounds and fixtures throughout the store. Also, ability to stand for extended periods of time.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
● Must have good verbal and written communication skills
● Ability to provide motivation and leadership to associates storewide in a fair and impartial manner.
● High degree of analytical skills, and the ability to delegate and be self‐directed.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Strong organizational, time management, and project management skills
● Technically skilled in basic retail computer systems including related software
● Develop and maintain client relationships and strategic partnerships
● Dress according to company policy.
● Bilingual (Spanish) verbal and written communication skills strongly preferred
● Possess a valid in‐state driver license with an acceptable driving record in accordance with company’s insurance carrier’s standards
To Apply: Submit a resume to the Job Training Center in person or email:
Open until filled.
Job Training Center is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. 7‐1‐1 CRS for TTY Users. 2.11.21 A proud partner of American’s Job Center of