Position Description: The Painter operates cone, disk or nozzle-type electrostatic painting equipment to spray negatively charged paint particles onto positively charged work pieces to ensure a paint job that is in accordance with dealer and factory standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Move switches and dials to start flow current and to activate conveyer and paint spraying equipment.
- Turn valves and observe gauges to set pressure and to control flow of paint to each spray station.
- Adjust thermostat to maintain specified temperature in paint tanks.
- Inspect painted units for color match, runs, sagas and unpainted areas.
- Re-adjust pressure valves to control direction and pattern of spray and to correct flaws in coating.
- Clean paint from ceiling and walls of booth, conveyor hooks or grid and from disks, cones, spray heads and hoses using solvent and a brush.
- Hand-spray parts to cover unpainted areas or apply rust preventative.
- Mix paint according to specifications using viscometer to regulate consistency according to changes in atmospheric conditions.
- Follow all safety guidelines, rules and procedures.
How to Apply: Email resume in MS Word or PDF format to email@example.com with “Automotive Painter” as the subject.Minimum Education and Experience