Are you appreciated for what you know and do for your current employer? Consider joining a long-time independent shop as a valued Service Adviser.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of experience in the field. They must be comfortable with initiating automotive services and repairs by ascertaining performance problems and services requested; developing estimates; writing repair orders; maintaining customer rapport and records.
Automotive Service Writer Advisor Job Duties:
• Ascertains automotive problems and services by listening to customer’s description of symptoms; clarifying description of problems; conducting inspections; taking test drives; checking vehicle maintenance records; examining service schedules.
• Develops estimates by costing materials, supplies, and labor; calculating customer’s payment, including deductibles.
• Prepares repair orders (RO) by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required; obtaining approval signatures; entering RO into service database system.
• Maintains customer rapport by explaining estimates and expected return of vehicle; obtaining customer’s approval of estimates; obtaining and providing contact telephone numbers; answering questions and concerns; arranging towing and temporary transportation.
• Maintains automotive records by recording problems and corrective actions planned.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading manufacturers’ publications.
• Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.