Provide friendly, courteous, and efficient quality presentation of food and beverage service to all guests. Clean preparation areas and set tables in the outlet and perform other food service related duties, including set up and general cleaning.
- Take customer orders; describe menu items and suggest products to customers.
- Provide information about products and looks for “up-sell” opportunities.
- Prepare and serve hot and cold drinks such as coffee, tea, artisan, and specialty beverages, along with pastries and cookies.
- Prepare all drinks and food items following the outlet and company standards.
- Educate and inform customers about the differences among coffee beans, coffee preparation and home brewing methods.
- Supervise other team members to ensure the F&B outlet standards and procedures are being followed.
- Assist training new hires as well as provide on-going training to current employees.
- Participate in department monthly/quarterly/annual inventories.
- Monitor quality of service and product.
- Cooperate in menu planning and preparation.
- Conduct orders of food and beverage supplies.
- Stay up to date on brand requirements and changes to the outlet.
- Ensure attendance at all mandatory meetings.
- Lead and coach the team towards achieving exceptional guest service and staff satisfaction results.
- Responsible for maintaining high energy, positive attitude, and professional appearance.
- Ensure equipment is clean and in working order. Report any maintenance or repair needs to the maintenance department.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and sanitation regulations.
- Clean and sanitize work areas, utensils, and equipment.
- Clean tables, floors, and other service areas.
- Ensure that coffee supplies are always stocked (i.e., cup sleeves, straws, stirs, napkins, sugar, creamer, etc.)
- Operate a cash register/ POS system and receive payment from customers in cash or credit card, accurately count and provide change to customers as required, and follows all company’s customer service and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Follow company’s operational policies and procedures, including those for safety and security, to ensure the safety of all staff during each shift.
- Maintain a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
- Responsible for the proper handling of all food and equipment.
- All other duties assigned by managers and supervisors.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Assist with any guest inquiry.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures.
- Report maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by direct and indirect Supervisors.
- Environmental conditions are inside, a job is considered inside if staff spends approximately 75 percent or more of the time inside. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possible for one (1) hour or more.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to four (4) hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 45 lbs. as needed.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening, and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Hearing, smelling, tasting, and visual ability to observe and distinguish product quality and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with other staff, guests, and supervisors.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near and color vision and depth perception.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks occasionally.
- Ability to work primarily with fingers to pick, pinch, type and carry out substantial movements (motions) of the wrists and hands as well.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must have excellent customer relations skills.
- Must be detail oriented with outstanding organizational and communication skills.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy and collect accurate information to resolve conflicts.
- Knowledgeable about basic function of Windows OS, MS Office, PMS, and POS.
- Self-driven and able to work independently.
- Exceptionally strong in issue resolution and proven analytical skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Must have a strong knowledge of drink preparation and applicable health standards.
High school or equivalent education required.
- One to three years food service experience preferred.
- One year customer service experience required.
- Prior experience in a supervisory position preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Safe Server Alcohol & Food Handlers certification required.
Seasonal/Part Time. Seasonal Staff Members are those designated to work only during a pre-determined time during the year and are not entitled to benefits, including health insurance, paid time off accrual, and life insurance benefits. This assignment is to support the F&B department for the remainder of 2021. We anticipate your work assignment will cover a period of approximately seven (7) weeks from your date of hire.
All Staff Members must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance per Azul Hospitality standards. Refer to the property specific required grooming and uniform standards policy.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Azul Hospitality, from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Staff with irregular attendance / tardiness will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Upon employment, all staff is required to fully comply with Azul Hospitality rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotels facilities. Staff members who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, staff members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required. This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that a staff member in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.Safe Server Alcohol & Food certification required.Minimum Education and Experience