We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: Bartender / Server
Reports to: F & B Manager
Location: Yreka, CA
Salary: $14.00 per hour
Classification: Full Time, Regular, Non-Exempt, Non-Entry Level
Responsible for providing alcoholic beverage and food service to all guests in an efficient, courteous and professional manner displaying a high standard of guest service.
- Responsible for the cleanliness, upkeep and rotation of the liquor room.
- Responsible for prompt, efficient and courteous beverage and food service to guests in accordance with company policies, procedures and standards.
- Perform necessary tasks to service guests, i.e.; taking and filling all beverage and food orders and assisting in maintaining guest gaming area in a clean and neat manner.
- Monitor guest needs on a continual basis ensuring all beverage requests will be promptly fulfilled.
- Maintain signed area for cleanliness.
- Assist other beverage team members with maintenance (side work, opening/closing duties) as necessary.
- Comply with all gaming regulations regarding alcohol sales.
- Take out garbage.
- Refill beverage syrups.
- Maintain appearance standards as outlined in departmental and RRC policies and procedures.
- Follow all of Rain Rock Casinos departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain appearance standards as outlined in departmental and RRC and Hotel policies.
- Answer the phone, and keeps an accurate transfer list of department phone extensions.
- Promote and maintain a team environment at all times.
- Provide information and explain Players Club benefits, property amenities & marketing programs to our guests.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Shall be polite and maintain a priority system in accepting other position related job duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Must be available to work in a smoke-filled environment.
- Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, and holidays.
Must be able to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and skills or abilities required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- High School diploma or GED (required).
- Must possess current Food Handlers card.
- Bartending experience in a fast- paced environment.
- Must be able to take food orders and serve from a full menu.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions.
- Fine dining guest relations history preferred.
- Must possess reasonable ability to communicate in English.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license and be insurable by the RRC’s insurance carrier.
- Willing to travel and participate in training as recommended or required.
- Must have a Tribal Gaming License (or the ability to obtain and maintain a license) as a requirement for this position.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Must adhere to confidentiality policy.
- Must successfully pass a drug screening test and criminal background check.
- Indian preference will be observed in the hiring process.
Veteran’s Preference: It shall be the policy of the Karuk Tribe and Rain Rock Casino to provide preference in hiring to qualified applicants claiming Veteran’s Preference who have been discharged from the United States Armed Forces with honorable and under honorable conditions.Must possess current Food Handlers cardMinimum Education and Experience