Tehama County Health Services Agency
Red Bluff, CA
Full-Time with Benefits
SALARY: $38.76 – $47.12 Hourly | $3,100.80 – $3,769.60 Biweekly
In compliance with current regulations in the state of California, this position does not require employees to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination, although it is highly recommended.
Testing Dates: 2/29/2024 – 3/4/2024. Testing will be provided via email
Tentative interview date: Friday, March 8, 2024 from 4PM to 5PM
*Only the most qualified candidates will be invited to interview.
Incumbents in this position provide preventive or intervening counseling services for clients of the Health Services Agency. They serve as the clinical supervisor as defined by the Board of Behavioral Science Examiners to assist unlicensed Behavioral Health Clinicians to obtain supervised clinical hours necessary for licensure. This position also assists the supervisor in program coordination, and the authorization process for service plans, assuring that clients are receiving the appropriate services to maximize recovery.
Examples of Duties
- Provides mental health assessment, service plan development and ongoing therapy to clients of the Health Services Agency.
- Prepares and maintains accurate and complete case documentation and program data as required.
- Conducts individual, group and/or family therapy sessions, identifies crisis cases and determines need for involuntary detention, refers clients to various community agencies and support programs as appropriate.
- Provides follow-up support to clients after discharge from contract inpatient and residential care facilities.
- Assess, diagnose and implement treatment plans for clients
- Make sound, educated decisions
Education, Experience & Licenses
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or Counseling
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience post licensure with the Board of Behavioral Science Examiners, preferably in a county mental health setting
- Experience working with individuals with mental health issues is preferred
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered
License and Special Requirements:
- Requires a valid California driver’s license
- Must possess a California license as a Clinical Social Worker, a Marriage and Family Therapist, or a
- Professional Clinical Counselor through the California Board of Behavioral Science Examiners.
- Must possess, or be willing to obtain, a national provider identifier (NPI).
- Must complete periodic continuing education coursework as required to maintain active licensure.
- Must possess the educational requirements as defined by the Board of Behavioral Science Examiners to clinically supervise unlicensed clinical staff.
The department currently has one (1) vacancy.
In addition, Tehama County is establishing an eligibility list to fill future vacancies for a Behavioral Health Clinician III as well as subsequent vacancies which occur during the life of the eligibility list.
Please submit ALL required documents when applying such as, copies of all required degrees and/or certifications as outlined in the job description. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For questions about this recruitment, please contact:
530-528-3284 | Osmara.Herrera@tchsa.net
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of background, fingerprinting, drug test (including marijuana) and physical examination provided by the County.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANT / VETERANS’ PREFERENCEPOLICY / DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
About Tehama County Health Services Agency
Tehama County Health Services Agency is committed to a healthy community. We provide integrated services to TehamaCounty residents through education, prevention, assessment, intervention, treatment, and follow up. Our staff are valuedfor their contributions to client care, whether they work in direct services or are in key support roles. We collaborate,communicate, and support each other so we can focus on what's most important, the overall health of our clients.
Every position is a key position at Health Services. We value input, good communication, and collaboration within ourorganization as well as with our agency partners. If you would enjoy working with people who are committed to the healthof our residents, then our agency would like to hear from you.