Landscape & Property Improvement Laborer
The Landscape & Property Improvement Laborer functions as entry-level service provider to home and property owners in fulfilling their landscape and home maintenance and improvement needs and is responsible for following company service and safety procedures in the execution of property cleanup, fire-hardening landscape maintenance and construction, and related tasks as assigned.
The Landscape & Property Improvement Laborer reports directly to the CEO or assigned Lead Landscape & Property Improvement Technician and receives guidance and instruction from them.
Essential Job Functions:
1. (If applicable) Drive company and personal vehicles to deliver and pickup materials and equipment or run errands, etc.
2. Perform routine maintenance and safety checks on equipment
3. Perform property and household cleanups (i.e. remove heavy items from household for disposal)
4. (After 2-3 month training period) Operate landscape equipment including tractors and excavators, etc.
5. (After 2-3 month training period) Clear brush and trim trees away from structure using tools as directed, including a chipper
6. Perform vegetation management and abatement using a string trimmer and other equipment
7. Perform gravel driveway and parking area maintenance
8. (After 2-3 month training period) Install outdoor fire safety water tanks and sprinkler systems
9. (If applicable) Comply with all training and regulatory requirements for commercial driver’s license
10. Performs other duties as assigned
Essential Physical Functions (With or Without Accommodation):
The incumbent must be able to perform routine landscape cleanup and maintenance with or without direct supervision, frequent bending, lifting, twisting, are required, use of hand tools and power tools as directed. The incumbent must be able to work outdoors in all seasons as weather conditions allow safe work practices to be observed. The incumbent will stand, walk, reach, balance, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities require driving, as well as close reading. Lifting and carrying is occasionally up to 50 pounds. The incumbent is occasionally exposed to wet conditions, cleaning chemicals, fumes, gases, odors, and other fluids. Information regarding hazardous chemicals in the workplace is available.
Essential Mental Functions:
The incumbent will work in a busy landscape and property maintenance and improvement company with frequent interruptions and limited quiet time. Incumbent must sustain concentration, follow a set of procedures and organize own work. Some of the work requires precise detail and adherence to project deadlines. Communication and cooperation with team members is essential.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· (Preferred) Current, valid California driver’s license.
· (Optional) Commercial driver’s license NOT required but desired.
· (Preferred) Minimum education High School diploma or equivalent.
· (Preferred) One year related work experience in landscape maintenance and construction or similar.
· Ability to follow directions.
· Demonstrated ability to be dependable, adhere to timelines, be punctual.
· Ability to provide good customer service to a wide variety of customers.
· (Preferred) Excellent ability to prioritize, organize and manage multiple assignments and responsibilities.
· (Preferred) A high degree of professionalism, confidence and flexibility that allows the incumbent to work collaboratively and effectively with clients and colleagues of diverse backgrounds.
· Honest and reliable with high level of personal and professional integrity and ethics.
Hourly wage range: $19.00 to $21.00
Call or text Ben at 530-428-5530
Please send resumes/applications to Maryanne at email@example.comMinimum Education and Experience
About Ben's Zap Haul
“Empowering You To Reclaim, Restore, And Recreate Your Property With Personalized Service—While Respecting The Environment, Supporting The Community, And Finding The Right Mix Of Efficiency And Thoroughness In Every Circumstance.”