The Facilities Unit Manager directly manages and coordinates the activities of the Maintenance Department with a focus on continuously improving the plant and huller preventative/predictive maintenance program. This position supports initiatives to optimize and improve equipment and preventative maintenance with a focus on decreasing downtime working conditions or requirements. Has operational responsibility/accountability for site maintenance activities including the repair, maintenance and installation of equipment and the maintenance of buildings, grounds, utility systems with associated infrastructure. Conducts “root cause” failure analysis on chronic maintenance and repair issues and initiates corrective actions to equipment design and / or work practices. This position also assists with capital projects related to the equipment at the huller and the entire processing operation plant.
- Oversight of and responsibility for facilities leadership & maintenance.
- Maintains safety, food safety, efficiency and ensures compliance.
- Provides leadership, vision, and productive/healthy accountability processes.
- Preserves and protects the company’s assets & processing operations.
· Bachelor’s degree in Facility Management, Business, Engineering, or related field (Mechatronic, Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical), or equivalent experience as Manager/Facility Manager in a relevant industry (production, manufacturing, maintenance, etc.).
· 3+ years of experience in facility environments with various types of mechanized automation and system controls.
· Minimum 5 years of experience successfully managing people.
· This position requires the ability to pass a criminal background check and the ability to obtain the necessary fumigation license within one year of employment.
· Experience in implementing and managing organized maintenance management, work order management, and reliability improvement programs in a processing plant atmosphere.
· Proven ability to develop and execute action plans that achieve company goals.
· Experience with repair and maintenance as they apply to facilities and production equipment.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Knowledge of health, safety, and environmental regulations such as OSHA.
· On call availability during all hours of operations (long hours and various shifts, nights, weekends) as needed.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills.
· Solid understanding of lean manufacturing principles/processes and safety regulations in a manufacturing setting.
· Strong knowledge in facility planning, contract negotiations, and building modifications.
· Knowledge of facility drawings, plant layouts, and reading and interpreting electrical/electronic and hydraulic maps.
· Excellent leadership and project management skills, with the ability to lead/coach/ mentor, and motivate employees.
· A proactive and self-starter attitude with a desire for excellence.
· Valid CA Driver’s License and the ability to pass safe forklift and aerial lift operator certification tests.
· Bilingual (English / Spanish).
· Experience with robotic manufacturing.
· Experience in Lean, Six Sigma and process improvement deployment and results.
· Experience in GMP manufacturing engineering.
· Experience in cost control, safety, and food safety systems.
How to Apply: Apply online at https://www.agreserves.com by clicking on the ‘Employment’ button.Minimum Education and Experience
About Berberian Nut Company
Location(s): This position will be based out of the Berberian Nut Company processing plant in Chico, CA.
Company Profile: AgReserves, Inc. is a multi-national, multi-corporate company that operates investment farms and ranches throughout the world. The Permanent Plantings Division, one of the company’s business units, includes (among other operations): Almonds and Pistachios in Wasco, CA; Walnuts and Prunes in Chico, CA.