The Inventory Control & Logistics Specialist organizes inventory and related logistics for BNC operations. This position is responsible for coordinating the proper placement of products and materials to maximize utilization of warehouse space. This position also facilitates product movement via the shipping team, monitors product, and inventory levels, maintains up-to-date and accurate inventory counts, and conducts periodic audits.
Logistics & Inventory
- Ensures support of internal and external customer requirements through effective movement and storage of product and related materials.
- Supports planning, inventory automation, warehouse management, and external/internal transportation requirements as directed.
- Responsible for day-to-day inventory transactions and accuracy of inventory records including weekly, monthly, and annual reconciliation.
- Administers inventory tracking system to record deliveries, shipments, and stock levels.
- Reports inventory levels, supply chain progress, and procedural efficiency gains.
- Tracks and evaluates all product: Finished Goods (FG), Work-in-Process (WIP), oil stock, etc.
- Tracks and evaluates packaging material and fiber inventory levels.
- Evaluates deliveries, shipments, and product levels to recommend improvements to inventory control procedures; proposes strategies to reduce costs and improve procedures of supply chain logistics.
- Analyzes daily product and supply levels to anticipate inventory problems and shortages.
- Monitors demand and analyzes data to anticipate future supply and logistics needs.
- Communicates with employees to meet business goals and address issues.
- Ensures proper placement of bins in warehouse; corrects and reports any inventory discrepancy or needed inventory adjustment.
- Collaborates with QA and purchasing departments to ensure all received packaging materials meet food safety and quality standards.
- Orders materials as needed.
- Performs daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly processing and inventory validations of Empty, In Transit, In Work, To Full, and To closed categories.
- Updates and adjusts plans for daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly inventory logistics (both internal and external).
- Validates inventory for financial and physical reconciliations.
- Coordinates and organizes row materials.
Provides related inventory/logistics support.
- Manages Training Matrix.
- Enters and files new SDS sheets.
- Scans START Cards, tailgates, cleaning reports, etc. into SafeFood360.
- Conducts company-mandated audits as directed.
- Prepares ad hoc inventory reports as directed.
- Conducts semi-annual training of plant employees in inventory and scanner procedures.
- Ensures compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices.
· 2 years related experience in inventory and/or logistics, or Associate’s degree in supply chain management, business, or related field.
· Experience using and managing inventory tracking hardware (scanners).
· Proficiency in MS Office suite; type 40+ WPM; and adaptability to learn in-house databases and software.
· Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, problem solving, and organizational skills.
· Ability to accurately calculate figures.
· A proactive and self-starter attitude; experience working well with others as well as ability to self-motivate and work alone.
· Demonstrated ability to motivate team members and a desire for excellence.
· Willingness and availability to work long hours, including weekends and holidays when needed.
· Highest level of professional conduct and integrity.
· Valid CA driver’s license.
· Forklift certification, or ability to certify within 14 days after starting.
· Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, business, or related field.
· Bilingual in English / Spanish.
· Experience working in a nut processing setting.
How to Apply: Apply online by visiting https://www.agreserves.com and clicking on the Employment button.Minimum Education and Experience
About Berberian Nut Company
Location(s): This position will be based out of the Berberian Nut Company processing plant in Chico, CA.
Company Profile: AgReserves, Inc. is a multi-national, multi-corporate company that operates investment farms and ranches throughout the world. The Permanent Plantings Division, one of the company’s business units, includes (among other operations): Almonds and Pistachios in Wasco, CA; Walnuts and Prunes in Chico, CA.